Updates on night waking/feeding

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessifer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2014, 09:05 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
How is everyones LO doing with STN?

Now that most of us are feeding food to our LO's, is anyone still giving milk/BF at night?

Dh basically has spent the last 3 nights helping her adjust to some changes. She had gotten into such a bad bad pattern of waking up sometimes every hour or more every night. I kept thinking it was this or that but it was just wearing me down.

I will feed her about 2 hours or less before she sleeps then I give her 4-6 ounces of milk to sleep. Right now she only gets 2 ouces a little more than half way through the night. If she does wake up before that, then she gets her binki.

She can put her binki into her mouth on her own any other time but it gets lost in the dark so thats the reason there and that will pass once I switch to the glow one. But she is sleeping sooooo much better and now she takes 1 long nap and then sometimes 1-or 2 short ones. THen is out at 7.45pm-8.30pm depending and wakes up for good 6.30am-8am.

Almost there. !! yyahh
March 17th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's on and off. She sleeps through maybe 3 nights a week, 4 if we're lucky, otherwise she wakes up for a bottle around 2am. I usually find that if she's had a 'big' day (such as, if she's been to daycare, or to someone's house) she sleeps through, if we're just pottering around at home, she wakes up.

March 17th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Super Mommy
Marcos is up 1x a night for a feeding but for the past 3 days he's been waking up 2x a night for feedings. If It continues, I am going to have to start weaning him because he's getting a bit old for 2x night feedings. He used to sleep through the night once or twice a week when he was about 4 months old but then he regressed. Marcos never liked pacifiers much so I don't think it will help. My mom used to leave a bottle with a little bit of water in our cribs, so I might try that and see if it works.
March 17th, 2014, 08:35 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
How many ounces do you guys give?
March 17th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
I breastfeed, so I have no idea. He does drink a lot at night though, because I can hear/see him gulping quite a bit.
March 17th, 2014, 05:00 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
He nurses twice at night, which is an improvement over what he had been doing a month or so ago. It's still pretty normal for a bf baby to nurse at night so I'm not worried. My dd started sleeping all night around 9-10 months.

March 17th, 2014, 06:49 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
All of my babies that I BF never STN till I stopped BF. Its totally normally and healthy I think. STN is just one of those milestones I cant wait for though lol
March 17th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, so this drives me totally nuts.

Whenever DH comes home after working an evening shift and hasn't seen Marcos since earlier that afternoon, he misses him so tries to play with him when he wakes up for his feeding! Like this evening, as soon as Marcos unlatched, DH started doing peek-a-boo with him. ARGH!!! It's been 8 months and he still doesn't quite grasp that at 2am, you don't want baby to think it's playtime and get him so riled up and excited that he won't go back to sleep!
AmiraX4 likes this.
March 18th, 2014, 06:56 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
Ok, so this drives me totally nuts.

Whenever DH comes home after working an evening shift and hasn't seen Marcos since earlier that afternoon, he misses him so tries to play with him when he wakes up for his feeding! Like this evening, as soon as Marcos unlatched, DH started doing peek-a-boo with him. ARGH!!! It's been 8 months and he still doesn't quite grasp that at 2am, you don't want baby to think it's playtime and get him so riled up and excited that he won't go back to sleep!
oh that would drive me nuts! nighttime feedings are done in the dark, I bring him to my bed, no other interactions

March 18th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Mommy_2layla's Avatar Veteran
Layla still wakes up 2x a night at 2 then again at 5 usually

March 18th, 2014, 09:57 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
OOohh Jessifer...that would make me bonkers too!!
March 19th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Erin, night feedings are done in the dark.Amira, I always make a 200ml bottle, she takes what she wants, sometimes it's the full amount, sometimes it's only 60ml, and sometimes it's anywhere in between.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search