Have any of you....

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2014, 01:36 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
bought shoes or sandals for baby yet? I mean shoes to start walking in?

Do you prefer to begin walking with no shoes?
May 5th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Super Mommy
My BIL works in physical therapy and he gave us this huge speech about hard-soled shoes and how they can cause leg & feet malformations, postural problems, etc... It's weird because he's usually a pretty laid-back guy but this is a topic he seems to be super passionate about. Anyway, DH actually has problems with his leg/spinal curvature (not anything too severe but enough that he was medically exempt from mandatory military service in his home country), so he takes it pretty seriously.

Right now, Marcos is barefoot in the house although once in a while if he wears a pair of socks that don't have a grip underneath, I'll put on some soft-soled shoes so that he doesn't slip when he pulls himself against the furniture. Once he starts walking, I'll probably get him a pair of hard-soled shoes to wear outside, and the rest of his indoor shoes will be soft-soled and/or slippers.
May 6th, 2014, 07:35 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
he's barefoot pretty much all the time now, but he's getting blisters on the bottom of his big toes so I need to put socks with grips on him more at home (hard floors). He has some shoes packed away, but doesnt wear them yet. When he starts walking around outside, we'll get shoes out for that, but he'll still be barefoot most of the time.

May 9th, 2014, 11:59 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thats pretty interesting Jessifer!! Thankfullly usually start with the soft soles but have had hard ones for the olders. I will keep that in mind for sure.l
May 11th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think they even sell hard soled shoes in smaller sizes here, I haven't seen hard soled in anything smaller than a 4 (for reference, as our sizes are different, Audrey currently wears a 0).

We have shoes for the purpose of keeping socks on. It's very cold and wet here at the moment, and she has developed a habit of pulling off her socks and throwing them in puddles at the bus stop. Shoes solves that problem. When she figures out how to undo Velcro I will need a new plan of attack though.

July 17th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Robeez. They are awesome. I use them for the first few years though they always get other shoes from the grandparents. Barefoot a lot.
July 21st, 2014, 12:04 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
oh yeah....I use these too...the leather ones that are super soft and very cute
August 2nd, 2014, 07:15 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
T is mostly barefoot. Sometimes he's just in socks when we are out and about to keep his feet clean...but he usually pulls the shoes off.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search