Marcos' first week at daycare

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Super Mommy
So after multiple phone calls and a whole lot of stress, I finally found a spot in a subsidized daycare and got all my paperwork sorted out. Thank goodness!

I had to start paying for his daycare this week, even though I'm not back at work until July 7th, so I've decided to use the opportunity to transition him little by little. He did a couple of hours on Monday, up until lunchtime yesterday, and today he stayed all the way until lunchtime. He's been doing really well so far. He didn't cry the first 2 days, having so much fun exploring and playing with the new toys, but this morning he was clinging to me a lot because I think he finally figured out that whenever we go there, I leave. They said that he did really well after I left, although he needs to have an adult sitting beside him most of the time or else he starts to cry. He's always been like that even at home, so I'm not surprised. The daycare workers seem really super and all the other babies (all of them a few months older than him!) seem really keen on playing with him. I think he will be happy there once he starts adjusting. I am so glad things worked out in the end.
June 19th, 2014, 09:50 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Well thats a great adjustment. Thats a whole lot better than a couple of my kids did when I would leave them with anyone including relatives.

Goood Job Marcos!! have fun!
June 30th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Veteran
Unfortunately, daycares around my area won't take children unless they are the age of two or over. That means while I am going to school, my sister-in-law and my father are taking turns caring for Adelyn. By the time she's old enough for daycare, I'll be done school! lol.

July 3rd, 2014, 07:51 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
It sounds like it's going well...great news!!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search