The arrival of Creighton Alexander

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By Sassalota
  • 1 Post By eiramillek
  • 1 Post By stephanieaehenley
  • 1 Post By JoyandNumberFive
  • 1 Post By LuckyOne
  • 1 Post By CptStargel
  • 1 Post By MommaCay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Great Penguin Hatch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
As you know I was scheduled for induction for 6:30 am on Jan. 31, so when we arrived at the birth suites I was having contractions about 4 minutes apart steadily already so they check us in, get my IV in place (although they said we could wait on the pitocin as I was contracting nicely on my own) my BP was very high 189/98 but my OB knew I really wanted to not have to get the magnesium this time around and said that so long as I stayed in bed lying down and it came down a bit I could forego both the pit and the mag for now I can not tell you how happy that made me.

At 6:45 am they checked and I was at 2 cm, so we started the waiting game as the contractions were very tolerable for me. At 11:10 they checked again and I was still at 2 cm and my contractions were starting to become further spaced so we started pitocin, which the nurse promptly cranked up to 20 to start off. Contractions started coming 2 minutes apart and while strong and lasting over a minute a piece they were still quite tolerable for me, the only thing I was hating was not being able to get out of bed

At 1:20pm they came back and checked and I was still at 2 cm and still having contractions 2 minutes apart so the Dr. broke my water hoping to help move things along in the dilation department. They also cranked the pit up to 30 which the nurse said was as high as they were allowed to go..o.O Still all in all I was able to get through the contractions with minimal effort so I was just waiting anxiously to see little Creighton's face.
At 2:00 they checked and I was a tight 3 cm and I have no idea what the OB did (DH swears he thinks she stripped the membranes but I don't know since she had already broken my water) but whatever she did when she checked me cause such an immense amount of pain that the next thing I knew I was vomiting,sweating and shaking..ugghh.

At 6:30 pm they came and checked again and I was still at 3cm although the nurse said it was a "comfortable 3" I opted to get the epi, which was not even on my radar to get but I really wanted to be able to relax and enjoy Creightons arrival and knew I would not do that if I had to fight hours and hours lying in bed for each cm.. plus I know that my OB was watching my BP like a hawk and coupled with the fact that I knew the minute they broke my water the clock towards c-section began to tick..

so at 6:40 I got the epi in, and while more relaxed and comfortable I hated it.. my right side was completely and utterly numb, and I shook uncontrollably like I had some kind of palsey, but my BP went down and that was good.

at 7:30 pm they checked me and I was a good solid 8cm so the nurse asked me how long I usually took to push with my previous pregnancies. When I told her I have never pushed through more then 5 contractions she said she was calling the Dr, and getting things ready. They brought in the delivery cart and got everything in the room, broke down the bed and the Dr. walked in at 8:02 pm, I gave one push and there was his head! they made me wait on pushing again while they removed the cord from around his neck then I gave 2 pushes and at 8:08pm there he was! My children were in awe and probably silent for the first time during the entire experience..LOL They placed him on my chest and let the kids come see him while DH cut the cord, then took him across the room to take his weight and temp. They let my 10 year old hold the thermometer under his armpit! It was such an amazing experience for the kids and for me to have them there!

Creighton Alexander made his first indelible mark on the world (and my family's hearts) at 8:08 pm on Thursday, January 31, 2013. He weighed in at 5lbs 14oz and was 18.25 inches long. he is a peanut but healthy and strong. We came home at 11:30am Sat Feb. 2

cheezpoofs likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Last edited by Rebelmommy; February 9th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
February 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Veteran
Wow- Sounds like you had a few rough hours but you hung in there. He is great! Glad that you both are doing well.
Rebelmommy likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 01:11 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even though it started out slow, I'm glad he came on his own! He's beautiful!
Rebelmommy likes this.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
Sounds like it was a great day for you and your family! He is gorgeous
Rebelmommy likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 04:37 PM
JoyandNumberFive's Avatar Super Mommy
He's so sweet!
Rebelmommy likes this.

February 9th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How precious! He is so handsome and I'm glad your kids were able to bond with him right off the bat
Rebelmommy likes this.
February 10th, 2013, 07:49 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so great that your DH and kids were able to be present for the entire experience. He is a very handsome boy. Congrats mama
Rebelmommy likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 10th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Veteran
He is perfect!! Congrats on bringing Creighton into the world and home.
Rebelmommy likes this.

February 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a lovely little boy! Glad you are both doing well. Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search