Mollie's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By spicymustard
  • 1 Post By cheezpoofs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Great Penguin Hatch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My past two births were fairly quick and intense. I ended up with epidurals (I wanted them) but almost missed them both times so this time around I wanted to be better prepared to manage comtractions so I ordered hypnobabies after hearing a successful delivery of a 10lbs boy from a woman in my daughters PR. I had thought of doing it for ds but never did and I wish I did.

Monday I had an ob appoinment and got chcecked. I was high and maybe 1cm.

Wednesday feb 6th I woke up and was 38 weeks and 3 days. I went to work like any other day. Did my last IEP and tried catching up on the mounds of paperwork I was behind on which of course never got done because there is always something else that ends up needing more immediate attention. I was also stressing because I got called to am emergency special Ed meeting the following day which I thought meant more transfers (been happening a lot lately) turns out the meeting wasn't about that.

I pick up my kids at daycare and go home. Around 3:45ish I think I feel a contraction so I download the contraction timer and start timing at 4. The contractions jump from 16 minutes to 10 minutes apart and aren't that bad. My mom calls me and I tell her about stressing about possible transfers. She says dont throw yourself into labor. Haha. Contractions continue to jump around from 15 minutes to 5 minutes apart. Dh gets home around 6 and I didn't even tell him. I take a shower at 7:30 and contractions are still jumping around but are getting more intense so I tell dh. He gets nervous and says he is going to rite aide to get sugar. He almost passed out when ds was born so he wanted to keep his blood sugar up. I turn on hypnobabies on my headphones. I text my mom as an FYI amd she says get your but to the hospital. She didn't care that they weren't following a pattern or weren't too intense. She says remember that they tend to go quick once I hit 5 cm. so dh gets home amd we get our stuff together our stuff wasn't packed and left around 8:15.

On the way to the hospital the contractions were about 4-8 minutes apart and I turned up hypnobabies and was able to breathe through contractions. The ride to the hospital with ds was torture. I figured hypnobabies was worth it just for the more pleasemt drive.

We get to hospital around 8:45 and they wanted me to pee in a cup for some reason and I couldn't. They check me and I'm 5cm. I was admitted at 9:50. Contractions still bareable. Dh tells them my other labors went fast at this point and that I'd want an epidural. I know hypnobabies doesn't advocate that but it was my plan all along.

They start an IV and I don't know maybe around 10:15 they said the epi guy would be there in 10 minutes. Well probably 15 minutes later around 10:30 I had a really strong contraction and my water broke. It was this crazy pop and gush. Comtractions got really strong after that and I lost my focus on hypnobabies. They epi guy came in amd then my doctor maybe 5 minutes later. The nurse checks me and says I'm complete. I couldn't lay down. Intense pressure. They tell me to stop pushing. Doc says no epi I beg amd he says look at me. He tells my dh to take the headphones out of my ears which was the right call at the time. He says two pushes amd she'll be out. I regain focus and start pushing. There was crazy pressure and I think I asked my doc what he was shoving up my butt hole. Lol he says that's the head and then she was out.

No tears, no cut, no stitches.

She was 6lbs, 13oz 20im long.

I would say I was in hard labor that I couldn't handle for maybe 25 minutes and she was born one hour after being admitted. So all in all I consider it sucessful.

In the end now that I know what it feels like start to finish I think I was always afraid the pain would be even worse down the road and now I know the super hard stuff didmt last long. All my labors intensified after my water broke.

I can say that having zero stitches is an awesome thing with the worst pain really being my uterus contracting back in when she bf.

My milk came in yesterday and she's been eating well. She was 6.5 at her doc appoinment yesterday.

Wow, that was long. Lol
LuckyOne and cheezpoofs like this.

February 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, both on a healthy new baby girl and a successful natural childbirth!
Baby M likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 10:00 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Congrats!

February 13th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Sounds like an awesome delivery! Congrats!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow what a story, glad you got to the hospital in time! I didn't even think about the pain of the uterus contracting back to normal size. Congrats on your little one! Glad she is doing well!
February 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah all in all I feel like it was an amazing birth. :-)

February 14th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Congrats! Great story!
February 14th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! And, I LOVE the name Mollie!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! Love her name!

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Hokie Nicole's Avatar Super Mommy
Way to go! Sounds like everything really did work out in the end.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search