Matthews birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By AmyLM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Great Penguin Hatch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
We showed up to L&D right about 6 am for my induction. We were supposed to be there at 5:30 but the alarm didnt go off. I woke up at 5:11 and yelled at my husband we're LATE!!! We had a good 30 minute drive to the hospital. When I got there I changed, got my iv, and the the pitocin was started about 6:45 am. I was checked and I was 3 cm, 50% effaced, and he was -2 stationed. Now my memory is bad so the timing of things might be off.
Then the doctor came in around 7:45 and broke my waters. Thats when things really started going. I wasn't in much pain until almost 11 am so thats when I requested an epidural. The anesthesiologist that did it was awesome I barely felt a thing going in. So, around lunchtime I was checked and I was 5cm, 60% effaced, and the baby was 0 stationed. Then things got interesting... My blood pressure bottomed out really bad and I almost passed out. That was so scary. I have never felt so horrible and scared in all my life.
After they fixed my blood pressure I started feeling my contractions really really low and hardcore! It was sooo bad that I was yelling. I honestly thought it was the pitocin being turned up too much. Then my lower back started being in excruciating pain. The anesthesiologist came back and gave me a couple of boosters for the epidural which did nothing. My pain got much worse! So, I got checked again around 12:45 and they said your complete and the babys head is about to come out! As, I kept having the bad back labor one of the nurses was pressing really hard on my back she was in the bed with me as I was my side. And, then here come in the doctor it was pushing time. It took about 7 pushes and he was out at 1:13 pm. He came out sunny side up!!! No wonder I was in so much pain with my back. But, heres the funny thing. I felt nothing in my butt or vag area while delivering. I didnt feel the fire burning sensation I always feel as the head is coming out. STRANGE! So, the epidural only stopped the pain in that area.

Mathew J. Sword was born on February 11, 2013 at 1:13pm
7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 1/2 inches long, and head size 13 1/2 inches
Apagar score 8/9.
]

Our family couldnt be more thrilled to have Matthew in our lives. So happy and excited for him to be here!!!

February 14th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Congrats momma! he is gorgeous!! Look at all that hair, and those cheeks.. ohh I just want to kiss him!
Mommytoeight2013 likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 14th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He is beautiful! Congratulations!
Mommytoeight2013 likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 14th, 2013, 07:06 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! He is precious!

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 14th, 2013, 08:33 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Crazy all that pain even with an epi.

February 14th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! What a cutie, I love his hair! I am sorry to hear about your epidural not working thoroughly
February 18th, 2013, 01:10 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! He's a doll!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search