The birth of Ethan

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Great Penguin Hatch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
Ethan Curtis George Born February the 6th
STATS 8lbs 7ozs
21 inches long
APGARS 6/7
Here is his birth story: I am going to start off by saying this might not make sense I have never wrote one before but I will share my experience with you all. Monday February the 4th I took my oldest 4 children to get there hair cut I had to stand for over a hr in discomfort, having BH all that day I just knew something was going to happen soon. I went to bed that night and the fake contractions never bothered me through out the night but as soon as I was up and moving that Tuesday morning they were back with a vengeance. The where not unbearable but a lot different, I went on about my day having them every once and a while but thought nothing of them, that night on the 5th I gave my kiddo's a bath got them in the bed called my mother to put her on watch I just felt off when I would have a contraction I would shake but I still thought they where fake, I didn't think they were real yet. I went to bed at 11 that night I was awoke at 1 with a really painful contraction I lay'd in bed until about 3 when I got up to see if I moved if they would go away, they did not they got a whole lot worsen. I woke my husband up at 3:30 to tell him I was contracting and this time it was real. He lay'd back down and told me when I was ready to go in to wake him not 10 minute's later he was up because they got to the point of hurting so bad I couldn't even talk through them. We got the kids ready and headed to my mom's at 4:30, got there and the contractions were 3 mins apart and intense. I dropped the kids off and we headed on in to the hospital, we arrived at 5 our time this hospital is a hr faster than we are. I got registered and they came and wheeled me to l&d, I went to pee in the cup and went to sit on the bed and my water broke. They came to check me at 5:30 my time and I was already 7 cm dilated with contractions ever 1 1/2 minutes apart. They called the dr in they thought it would be a fast labor, I had already made it thought most of it. Boy where they wrong. We waited for a hr I still did not dilate no more at this point I was begging for the epidural I felt like I was dying my back was killing me. Finally I dilated to a 8 and I stalled yet again and they finally place my epidural in about 2 hrs after I first arrived, boy was it heaven after I got that. I made it to 9 and stalled out again the Dr thought I might have a dysfunctional Uterus from all my pregnancies before, he felt like my uterus was just not doing it's job if only he could've felt my contractions my uterus was working. At 9:30 that morning they gave me 1 hr to get to a 10 or I was c-section bound. At 10 I was checked and still was a 9 no more progress at this point I was fearing for Ethan's safety so I just told them to go ahead and prep me for the section I wanted him out. So at 10:20 they came in there shaved me put My 2nd IV in and decided to check me again just on the off chance I had made it well lord and behold I was a 10. The nurse decide to have me do a practice push something you never have a mother who has had 6 prior kids do lol and after the first push his head was crowning. So here goes the nurse paging the Dr to hurry up, them screaming at me to not push and even though I tried I couldn't help it and I pushed. The dr made it and he got set up and we started to really push, but something wasn't right he was much harder to push out.The had told me he was just a 6 ponder my Ultrasound. I pushed and finally got his head out, the dr found he had a nuchal cord so he cut it before I could push his shoulders out. Will his shoulders were stuck, so the Dr and the nurse's told me to push with everything I had in me and I did still he wouldn't budge so the Dr help to pull him out. He was born at 10:40am not breathing very well he required oxygen, he had inhaled some fluid from his fast decent. He was sunny side up and where his cord was so tight around his neck he had a lot of bruising around his neck and face. I was not able to hold him but for a minute then they took him to the nursery to watch him. He is almost 2 wks old and growing like a weed. We were lucky with him really lucky. He is such a sweet lovable baby and I love him so much.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
February 18th, 2013, 07:10 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow. That's crazy. Everything is all good with him now right?

February 18th, 2013, 07:14 AM
yeah he is perfect just a rocky start, he is a fighter just like all his other siblings. He was up to 9 lbs at 5 days old so he is doing great.
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
February 18th, 2013, 08:11 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I'm so glad he made it out safely! Happy to hear he is doing well
Now

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you finally dilated and didn't need the c-section. I'm sorry he had a rough start but very glad he is doing well now!
February 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I'm glad you were in the place you needed to be with a birth like Ethan's! Glad he's doing well and healthy after his difficult arrival.

February 18th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Wow! I had no idea, Jean! I'm so glad both of you are safe and sound now. Ethan is such a handsome lil man. Thank you for sharing.

February 18th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Thank you all, I am really glad we had him at the hoSpital . His birth was a lot like my first and that is what was so terrifing about Ethan's birth. With my first he was oxygen deprived so he has some brain damage. I am just glad Ethan wasn't and so far seems to be a perfect growing lil monkey.
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search