Kylie's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Excited_mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Great Penguin Hatch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 05:41 AM
1st time mom
So on Wednesday Feb 20th (my due date) I had been feeling fine all day. No signs of anything happening until 7:30pm when me and my husband were watching TV together. I started feeling a lot of pressure down low and my lower back started hurting worse than usual. I wasn't sure what the feeling was because it was happening every 2-3 minutes and I thought that was way to close together for it to be contractions. Plus I heard that contractions felt like period cramps and it didn't feel like that at all to me. It was just pressure that made me really uncomfortable. So I told my husband what was going on and he said they are contractions. I was sure that they weren't. So I watched some TV and waited for it to go away. But after a while my husband got tired and decided to go to sleep.. So I went to lay down with him but by this time the pain was so bad that I couldn't sleep, and I ended up crying pretty much every time I got one of them. So I woke him up and we called the doctor. I was sure she would laugh at me and tell me that it was nothing.. But we called at 1:06 in the morning and she said to go ahead and go in. So my husband drove me to the hospital and we got there around 1:40. they basically had me in a room with other women (just curtains between us) while we waited for them to test my contractions. I was 3cm when they checked. But I started throwing up because of the pain and at that point the decided to give me my own room. Thank goodness. So they gave me some medicine to make me less nauseated. And then once I hit 4cm they called the doctor in to give me and epidural. I got that at 5:15am. I was really scared to get it because I was having a hard time staying still with the contractions hurting so bad. But it turns our the epidural didn't hurt at all. Maybe I didn't notice it because I was already in pain but as soon as I got it I was so glad I did. It didn't take long for me to start feeling better. The nurse would do her checks and I couldn't even feel it. But then my contractions started to weaken and they gave me some medicine to make them pick back up. They also broke my water which I didn't feel at all. Anyways, after a while they told me I was at a 10 and they wanted me to wait there for a while so that I wouldn't have to push so long.. So I waited.. But I started feeling a lot of pressure and it just felt weird.. So we called the doctor back in and she said I could start to push. It was great because I could feel when I needed to push, and I could feel something happening down there.. It just didn't hurt. After a few pushes they let me reach my hand down there and feel her head. I thought it was disgusting but cool at the same time. So I pushed through about 4 or 5 contractions and then my baby girl was here! It was really fast once I was pushing. They did give me a small epistomy (can't spell) and I needed 2 stitches.. But other than that it was fine. Baby Kylie was born at 12:08pm on February 21st. They laid my baby girl on my chest right away and I just remember thinking "She's here, she's mine, I can't believe this is her" I was so in love the second I saw her. I was nervous that I wouldn't know how to hold her but it was so natural. My DH cut the cord and he did great with holding my hand and supporting me. He didn't get grossed out or anything. She weighed 7lbs 12oz and she was 18 and 1/2 inches long. A head full of dark hair, she looks like her dad. She is beautiful. As soon as they laid her on my chest she started lifting her head up. It was awesome because I didn't think they could do that so early. She didn't keep it up of course but she tried to and that was amazing. Her eyes right now are a blue-ish grey color but I'm sure they will end up being brown or hazel. anyways that's my story and I wouldn't change a thing about it. I loved my experience and how smooth it went. Recovering is hard, and sleepless nights are hard, but its all perfectly fine because I am now a mother and that's the best thing I could ask for. I love how well DH is with her. He loves her so much and that makes me love him more.
Rebelmommy and Hokie Nicole like this.
February 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

February 27th, 2013, 08:06 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! It's such a priceless moment that first time they are in our arms.

February 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
Congrats, there is nothing like holding your baby for the first time.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
February 28th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Congrats!!!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search