Lucas Everett's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Great Penguin Hatch LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 03:48 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Lucas Everett Born 2-21-13 12:05 PM, 7lbs 9oz 20" long

Week before scheduled c section cleaned like crazy and nested getting ready for the lil mans arrival. Woke up day of surgery, Thursday, to overcast drizzly rain. Got to the hospital and went straight to a room and got gowned up, monitor and IV. Kept having to pee because I was so nervous. Went in and got my epidural which caused a jolt in my foot..weird! I did NOT like the epidural, doc said i was like a fish out of water. They tell you not to move and its like all you want to do is move! i started to feel nauseous so they gave me morphine..Dad came in and was behind the curtain with me, standing up taking pix with the dslr camera- made him sit down because it made me nervous. Went a bit tachycardic from my nerves I suppose. Didnt really feel much of anything during the surgery and the whole thing from epidural to closure only took about 45 mins. I had a long recovery, I had the shakes terribly for almost 12 hours and the epi didnt wear off for over 6 hours.

Here he is in the nursery right after the surgery, the nurse is holding him up for everyone to see through the window..Meanwhile im in recovery shaking out the morphine lol

Came into my room to have a room full of visitors seriously there were like 12 people in this room and here I am with a fever and shaking - next time that is NOT happening..First time I held the baby it was amazing, I had that feeling of WOW someone needs me to survive, to eat..I will never forget that for the rest of my life. Got up the next day and walked around, showered had a ton of more visitors come..Got to leave by Saturday about 1. Was so glad to get home but was not producing a lot of milk yet and he was sooo hungry, made us feel terrible. We cried, he cried.. Tried for days to get him to latch and he wouldn't so Finally gave in and bought a pump because I do not want to FF him. I am pumping exclusively and it seems to be working just fine. So exhausted but so in love when I look at our lil guy! Each day is getting easier, I definitely have a new respect for all the parents out there..parenting is a tough job!! He is a good combo baby, looks like me and the Dad. I am so blessed that my SO is home and he is such a HUGE help especially that I cant do much after this c section. My back is hurting quite a bit but other than that all is good and just loving our lil family!

Happy Baby!

Last edited by calijk; March 7th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
March 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Oh my! He is just a cutie pie! And yeah for you for pumping exclusively.. welcome to the club! I know how exhausting it can be but like you said, it is worth it! Congrats on your handsome little guy!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

March 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is super cute! Congratulations!

March 14th, 2013, 09:35 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
thanks yall!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search