What are your favorite brands?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2008, 01:24 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
What are some of your favorite brands in scrapbooking supplies? (This might help us all get some ideas.)

I really like some of the FLAVIA albums. I used the unisex baby album, from a few years ago, to do my pregnancy album. Here's a bad pic:

And, I absolutely love these paper and punch-out-embellishment pads by DEJA VIEW. I used the baby girl pad for my DD 2 years ago, This year, I searched for something similiar for my son and found nothing I liked as much. I couldn't find these in the stores either (they may be discontinued), but found them online.
I loved the blues, greens, and reds added to the girlie pad (get so tired of just pink) and I like that they added green and red to the blue for the boy pad. You can buy coordinating embellishments too. It's just nice to have so many punch out embellishments to start with (saves a lot of money to). They also have cute Pet pads and Everyday pads. Again, sorry for the fuzzy pic. It doesn't do them justice.

I also like many of the albums, paper stacks, and embellishments from DIE CUTS WITH A VIEW.
I've gotten their Glitter paper stack, Christmas stack, and Cardstock stack. I also want to get their Kid's stack, Blossoms & Butterflies, and Pocket Full of Posies. Their Celebration and Baby stacks are also cute. Some of their stacks are kits in a stack so you get some coordinating embellishments.

Like many scrapbookers, I also love K & Company's albums and coordinating paper and embellishments.

And, I'd have to say EK Success Jolee's are my favorite stickers.

I'd have to say those are the top 5 brands that carry stuff that always catches my eye - in the store or online. And, when I'm looking for a new album, I look for these brands first.

So, what are your favorites?

And, what are your favorite stores to shop for supplies (IRL and online)?

September 20th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
What a great idea!!

I am still in search of my favourite albums. I have tried the Creative Memories albums, but don't like the post strap kind. I have tried the Pioneer top loading ones, but not all page protectors fit and it is very much a pain at times! So I am thinking about getting a ring binder and seeing how I like it.

My favourite brand for papers has GOT to be Doodlebug. I think most of their papers are fun! I love the bright colours and the fun designs they have to offer. I also like Sandylion - I know they are primarily stickers but you should SEE their paper! It is awesome!! Especially the Kelly Pannacci line!

For flowers, I am okay with Prima but I will use any kind. I am more a fan of the flowers that Grace sent me (THANK YOU GRACE! I am running out, isn't that horrible!?) than the Prima flowers we have in the store right now.

I love all kinds of buttons as well. We have some cool Sassafrass ones that are already stitched and sticky which are cool, I love the doodlebug ones, and the Autumn Leaves Bag o Buttons, but I use anything. Especially the dollar store kind!

I love Tim Holtz Grungeboard - can't get enough of it! I love the plain kind best because then you can run it through the cuttlebug and have any design you want on it. LOVE IT!

As for tools, I am a huge fan of the Cuttlebug. I love it! The Cricut too. I can't live without my Creative Memories Personal Trimmer, Tim Holtz Scissors and my Zig Adhesive Pen.

Oh, I could go one all day, I should stop!!

September 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Paper I usually get the DCWV paper packs. Since they all coordinate it's easy for me to pick what to use on LO's.

I only go with Creative Memories adhesives also their punchs and pens.

I really like Nellie clip punches to.

Cricut hands down for die-cutting and ink lol

Sickers I use everybody that catches my eye.

September 25th, 2008, 10:59 PM
*bump*

I also LOVE my CRICUT. I wouldn't know how to do titles otherwise.

I typically use Fiskar scissors.

And, I really like Doodlebug paper as well. Now, as far as adhesives, I'm still searching for something I really like.

September 26th, 2008, 04:06 PM
sweetmelissa's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
I love DEJA VIEW. I have to say they rock. I also love Memories In Uniform. I also like DCWV. I can't think of anymore right now.
January 19th, 2009, 12:05 AM
*bump*

I'm shopping for new supplies again soon; so I just want to see if anyone else has some recommendations of brands to shop for.
January 19th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Fancy Pants
Pink Paislee
Bo Bunny
Cosmo Cricket

You can't go wrong there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search