Baby Shower Invitation & Thank you card

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A fabulous friend of mine is throwing me my baby shower in February (due 4th of March). She let me design the invitation, with her input. She and the other friend doing the shower will help me assemble them later. It's clearly too early for that right now, but I'm trying to get a jump start before the holidays get here and get us busier than usual.

Anyhow, we just changed the colors to the ones I'm using in the nursery (theme) too. What do you think? I'm changing it to be front and back so there will be no fold. On the back will be the important information like location, time, rsvp, etc. If you can't tell the edges are chalked to blend in with the background so it's not so in your face. I moved the words over one space to get them away from the edge too on my new two sided template.

I'm also making the thank you cards, but a tad different and it will have a fold. The circles on it will be more spread out and the colors will vary some. They won't on the invitation for the circles.

This is the most I've done in a while minus that one layout. I can tell you it's helping my stress level which has been really high here lately thanks to Ike and some of our resulting damage.

So what do you think? Opinions or suggestions?

Tami

October 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I love it! The colours are design are gorgeous!!

October 4th, 2008, 06:18 AM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they are beautiful. The circles are very well laid out and great colours. Just curious - Will you be finding out the gender? If so, would you change the colours to pink or blue to reflect the gender?

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

October 4th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think they are beautiful. The circles are very well laid out and great colours. Just curious - Will you be finding out the gender? If so, would you change the colours to pink or blue to reflect the gender?[/b]
Yes, we will be finding out the gender. Our big U/S is scheduled for the 13th!!! No, we won't be changing the colors at all. I want a gender neutral nursery so we can use it again for another child. Plus, I love these colors and the nice calming effect I think they will have once it's all set up. I know, I'm probably strange in that I don't want gender specific stuff in the nursery even though we are going to find out the gender. Of course, we'll add touches that make it more gender specific over time to the nursery, but nothing drastic in color changes, etc. Does that make sense?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search