Wear do I start??

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
mumof2g
I want to start scrapbooking.. but i have no idea where to start.. i have so many photos...
I dont know what tools ill need to start off with..

any ideas where i should start?
October 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
koalasandduckies's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to koalasandduckies Send a message via Yahoo to koalasandduckies
You should read this sticky it will help you out with the starting basics. And should you have any more questions, feel free to ask me! Generally you would pick a theme for a page, then go from there. I sketch mine out on paper to help me. Perhaps that would work for you also.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my very cute siggy!
October 9th, 2008, 02:26 AM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there. Welcome to the world of scrapbooking. The sticky will help with the basic tools you will need. Starting off, you'll need to find your style. This will come after you've done a few layouts. So, have a look at our gallery to see there are any layouts that catch your eye and you want to try. Also, here a few good sites to get sketches:
Pagemaps, 2 mad scrappers (featuring Becky Higgins' sketches), Pencillines

Happy scrapbooking and look forward to seeing some of your pages. Just remember that there really is no right or wrong way to scrap. Do what catches your eye and if you are happy with the end result, then you've scrapped a great page.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

October 9th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Nice to meet you, I am Jerusha, one of the cohosts here. Scrapbooking can be very overwhelming if you try to keep up with others. It is so important to remember that this si somerthing personal, just for you to share with your family and friends. When you keep that in mind, anything goes!

The basic tools you will need are some good adhesives, a good trimmer, and some paper. But all of that you can read in the sticky!

Any other questions that you have, just feel free to ask. Everyone here is friendly and helpful!

October 9th, 2008, 07:23 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Amber!!!

I'm Michelle, also co-host and Cricut addict(personnal die-cut machine) Very glad to have you aboard

Check out the Scrapbook gallery and Cyber Crop subforums to help you get ideas on pages and layouts. Our next Cyber Crop will be October 24 -26, Friday to Sunday. But you can take your time

October 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! The other ladies pretty much covered it, but I just wanted to say welcome and good luck!
October 10th, 2008, 10:37 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board! The sticky section is a great tool.

What I would do for now, is go through your photos and pick out your favorites, and just focus on getting those scraped. It can be so overwhelming to have this huge stack of photos to scrap, and some people find that if they try to scrap in chronological order, or every pic that it's just too much and give up.

For me scrapbooking is the process of caputuring those favorite moments and memories that I don't want to forget about years from now. So when I start to get backed up with my photos, I really keep that in mind and remind myself I don't need to scrap every photo.

Grace gave some great advice to check out the gallery too. If you see a pattern of layouts that grab your eye and that you like, and you are wondering wow, now just how did they do that and what tools do I need, then just post the question here. We'll be happy to help out.

The blinky is clickable!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search