what scares you?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
What scrapbook technique have you always wanted to try but are a little scared to? I have always wanted to try iris folding because it can turn out so beautiful but since i am already a slow scrapper i haven't tried it, i'm worried it would turn out horrible and i will have wasted my time

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

November 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to make my own arcylic albums. You know go to home depot and buy a sheet there, then take it home and cut it out. I have heard that they will cut it there for you, but sometimes not a well. So maybe the hubby can help out. It sure would save on me buying the albums at Archivers or elsewhere.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Quote:
I want to make my own arcylic albums. You know go to home depot and buy a sheet there, then take it home and cut it out. I have heard that they will cut it there for you, but sometimes not a well. So maybe the hubby can help out. It sure would save on me buying the albums at Archivers or elsewhere.[/b]
that's an idea, i didn't know you could go buy bug sheets of it, i've never done an acrylic album

November 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Acrylic albums as well. I think I'd be paranoid about covering the back of the pages so that they look "finished".

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

November 4th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
A lot scares me! Acrylic albums scare me because you have to have them just so or they do not look right. Heat embossing intimidates me but I am warming up to the idea.

I have conquered many scrapbooking fears, so I am warming up to the idea of some more...

November 4th, 2008, 06:56 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know for the arcylic albums I found one helpful key...double sided paper. That way you don't have to worry about the back side...and glue dots. You do have to make sure to matte every pic. But all and all once I got one done, it was fun. I just don't want to pay the 15.00 dollars to buy one..cheap I know. But for gifts I like the arcylic albums better than the chipboard.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 4th, 2008, 10:16 AM
yeah i guess double sided paper would make it alot easier, heat embossing is also something i want to try to, how time consuming is it Rusha?

November 4th, 2008, 07:04 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never thought about it much! LOL Guess it's not so much as scared but not interested- I've never done embossing or acryllic albums OR eyelets even.
If I'm interested in doing something, I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work- oh well!!

I'm getting stuff/gathering supplies to make SIX Christmas advent cookie sheet calendars w/magnets & everything. Never done anything like that in my life & I decide to make 6 as Christmas presents! So yeah, I'll let you know how that turns out! I am nervous about this, only because I have to do something since I've already bought most of the stuff!

Tamara, iris folding is easy-peasy & you'll love it! Give it a shot using a few sheets of paper you don't care much for. Nothing wasted but some time & paper if you don't like it, right?!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

November 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Hmm never thought about it, probably distressing or using paint. I'm afraid I'll ruin something.

November 5th, 2008, 06:08 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
There is probably a huge list of things I am scared to try.

Acrylic albums
Stamping
embossing
using paint
hand stitching something like a flower or heart (I plan on trying this soon though)

I feel like I have so much to learn. I look at other pages and think WOW I could never do that. Sometimes I think I don't give myself enough credit. I know I have progressed since I started but I always want to just be able to do something without much effort.

This board has actually taken away some of my fears of trying new things.
November 5th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Quote:
I feel like I have so much to learn. I look at other pages and think WOW I could never do that. Sometimes I think I don't give myself enough credit. I know I have progressed since I started but I always want to just be able to do something without much effort.

This board has actually taken away some of my fears of trying new things.[/b]
that is so true Jen, i think alot of it is all just confidence in ourselves and this board has helped tremendously with that, it is so neat to look back and see how much we have all progressed and changed in our styles

Michelle as a person who was scared to distress i now love it, start with ink, it's the easiest and you can always use a scrap piece to test it our first. it took me a long time to actually distress a picture but i did it and i liked it

November 6th, 2008, 05:19 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everything you ladies have mentioned is so new to me and I have no clue what it is. Everything scares me!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search