SO EXCITED!!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Not only do I get to meet up with Chanda which I am super excited about...I just saw the sales this week at Hobby Lobby and they have the cricut cartridges on sale for 30% off. The most expensive ones are 79.99 then 30% off. They cost $119.99 here at Michaels (although they do go on sale and are on sale this week for 59.99.

The cheapest ones (reg price) at Hobby Lobby are $49.99.

So I have a question...does anyone know which ones are $49.99 at Hobby Lobby, then there are $59.99 and then the $79.99. I want to pre-plan my shopping!
November 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
So fill me in, how do you get to meet up with Chanda?

As for Hobby Lobby, have you checked their website to see if it shows on there which ones are which? Or maybe you could call the store you will be going to.
November 9th, 2008, 10:17 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
So fill me in, how do you get to meet up with Chanda?

As for Hobby Lobby, have you checked their website to see if it shows on there which ones are which? Or maybe you could call the store you will be going to.[/b]
I am heading over to the states next weekend for some shopping (Birch Run, MI) and Chanda lives about 40 minutes from the hotel that we are staying at (in Port Huron, MI) so we are going to meet up and do some shopping at Hobby Lobby and then go out for dinner (with our hubbies). This is the first time we are meeting so we are pretty excited about it.

As for checking the website...never thought of that...DUH! Sometimes my brain doesn't really function. I will go check it out now.
November 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh how awesome! I would absolutely love to meet you all IRL. If you are ever in or near Charleston, SC...
November 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
How cool is that? Sometimes it seems that they live so far away since they are in a different country, but really - some are super close! I found out that a girl I chat with online is only an hour away from me! We should plan a scrap shop trip..but I need to get a passport first!

November 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jerusha you don't need a passport yet to cross the border. Just to fly. I think it is sometime next year that you need to have one. We have never had a problem with just our birth certificate and driver's licence. They of course tell us we should get a passport but I am not getting it until I absolutely have to!
November 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so envious. I would really love to have a big hobby lobby or Michaels near us. I hope you'll be able to get some great cartridges for the discount.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

November 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who hoo! I am doing a super happy dance for us! I can't wait to meet up with you (we are in the same playroom too, so it is really great to see her.)

Jen- I forgot to tell you. I was talking with Paul last night about this weekend, and he was totally cracking up when I said we are meeting my friend Jen and her husband Travis...now why would he find that funny? Because he thought I was talking about my brother and his wife...as in Jen and Travis Why it never occured to me that you two have the same names I have no idea. But the sitter is lined up, and we are ready to go....look out hobby lobby, here we come.

And Gina- every so often we head out to Kiawah Island..so next time we are there, we can for sure meet up. We almost always go into charleston for the day at one point. Although this last time I didn't except to get Paul from the airport.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 10th, 2008, 08:37 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Oh I am just green that you guys will be so close

If you happen to drive by the Novi area let me know lol

You both have to get pics of your meeting so we can ohh and ahh over your buys and visit

November 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Jen and Chanda - how did the shopping trip go?

November 19th, 2008, 07:22 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Jen and Chanda - how did the shopping trip go?[/b]

It went well...except I showed up a half an hour late (my fault, I should have booked the sitter earlier, i just misjudged the time it would take to get there) and Hobby Lobby is only open until 8, so there was only a half an hour before closing. But Jen got some shopping done, although the cricut cartridge she wanted they didn't have in stock. And things here in the states are so much cheaper than Canada, so she was bummed. But I figured I could always go up there and grab one for her when they are on sale again and ship it to her. I am sure it will still be cheaper in the long run.

Here is a link to her post she made in our playroom. We actually spent a long time at dinner. The hubbies got along real great and were real troopers. And Jen and I found we never really had a quite moment in conversation.

So it was really fun...hopefully next time we can get the kids together.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great time. And I agree with the ladies in your PR, you took look GREAT!
November 19th, 2008, 07:46 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Thanks for replying to this Chanda.

We had a great time and I can't wait to get together with them again.

I was pretty bummed about the cartridge. I didn't really think that they wouldn't have it as they had the paper slip out. The lady asked if there was another one I wanted but I just couldn't think of one off the top of my head. I know I should have my list memorized! LOL The one I wanted was the storybook cartridge because they don't have it at my Michael's store and I don't want to pay full price for it.
November 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sorry you didn't get the cartridge you wanted Jen.

November 20th, 2008, 01:36 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you didn't get the cartridge you wanted Jen! Hopefully they will go on sale again soon. I already said this in the PR, but it sounds like you had a great time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search