I want to SCRAPPPPP!!!!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I miss it so much. I haven't been around much I know and I am sorry ladies. I even missed the crop I did however print out the challenges so I will eventually get to them I just don't know when.

Let's see, my niece got married at on Oct 18th so I was MIA then because I was helping out with her wedding. They trusted ME to be the coordinator. everything turned out great. I got backed up on my schoolwork. And now we are all sick. DH, Alex, and I all have strep throat. TJ is lucky that 1)he doesn't have it yet and 2) he is at his dad's house so when he gets back tonight we should not be contagious. And Sam has a cold.

Christmas is 45 days away and I am starting to stress out about that. I am trying to get a job at home doing inbound customer service so hopefully I make it through the interview on Tuesday.
I am making my SIL a mini album for her daughter.
This is the kit I am using.

I am also thinking of making my mom a paper bag album but I have to find the instructions online on how to put it together. Everyone else I am not sure about.

Anyway, that is my update. I am PLANNING on joining in on the December crop. And I will try to make it in here more often, I promise. I miss you girls and all your great work.

OH, I almost forgot. I finally made a card I made one for my niece but didn't take a pic of it (that was the first official card ever) and I made one for my brother's birthday that is in the cards section (Oct 13th). Here is the link http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...entry1065535586
November 9th, 2008, 09:14 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
It's great to hear from you Gina!

I know what you mean about scrapping. I just haven't had the time and I miss it so much. I continue to buy things though. When you get a few things done be sure to show us!
November 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
It is nice to see you again! You stressed me out by saying that Christmas is just 45 days away. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How did it sneak up on us so fast?!?! Now I feel your pain! I hope you get all you need to get done done and that you feel better soon!!!

November 9th, 2008, 05:46 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I hear ya on not having enough time to scrap! DH's gpa passed away last week, so we had family here, the boys have been crazy busy with school & hockey, & I got sick last week too. UGH! I hope you guys are feeling better now, and that you get to scrap soon! And thanks for the Christmas stress, I guess I will be buying gifts this week! PS - I made a paperbag album for my aunt in Aug, if you want pics/help/etc, let me know. It was pretty easy. My goal is to make MIL an album from envelopes for Christmas, I should get on that!!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

November 9th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about GpaIL. and tips tricks etc. would be great.
November 9th, 2008, 08:49 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Gina, it's good to see you on. I hope you feel better soon. I've not been scrapping for a whole month - the inlaws were in my scrap room, but they just left this morning, so I can scrap again!!! I have three mini albums to make as gifts and all my holiday pictures to scrap.

45 days to Christmas!?! Oh no. I need to get a move on with presents.

Very nice card. That is such a great idea with your childhood picture.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

November 10th, 2008, 06:42 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gina!! I've missed you!

It is good that if strep throat was going to make its rounds, that it at least managed to pick better timing where one family member could avoid it. Of course it would be much much better if it just never happened at all. I hope everyone is feeling better soon! I am sure it is absolutely misreable!

That is great that you helped your cousin out with her wedding. Weddings can be stressful and I am sure that you help certainly lifted a huge burden of nerves and worry off her shoulders.

Hopefully you can get in on the crop next month..there is one this weekend if you are free.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 10th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nov. is this weekend?
November 10th, 2008, 07:20 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep..this weekend is Nov.'s...and it looks like Dec will probally be the 6th and 7th, the poll hasn't been closed yet.

The blinky is clickable!!
November 10th, 2008, 07:21 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
So glad you gave us an update, I did remember about the wedding, so glad it went smoothly!!

Sorry to hear about you guys being sick, that is never good. Especially when you have scrapping to do. I can't wait to see the album when you finish it, it looks very cute!!!

November 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sweet! I do not know what I was thinking but I thought it was later in the month.
November 10th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Let me know what you need to know, and if you want pics (I can start a thread for you instead of this, whichever). All I did was stack 3 bags, fold them in half, & then punched holes & tied with ribbon. Then I added paper to each page as a "base" (I didn't want to work with the actual paperbag, & it made it more sturdy). The openings I used to slide pics & journalling in, & the flaps for hidden journalling. HTH!

Check out my FB Group!!

November 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well the main question right now, and I am sure I will have more later, is with the ribbon. Is it tied with 1 knot or 2?

I am using 5 bags and they are sewn together. Then I have punched holes in it for the ribbon. I am going to use the paper on the bag as well and I love the idea of using the "pocket" for journaling.
November 10th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I knotted it twice, just so it didn't slip out. Be sure to post pics when you are done!!

Check out my FB Group!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search