Just saying hi!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies!!

Just popping in to say hi! Haven't done much in the way of scrapping since my dad's wedding mini album but I'm in the process of making a bunch of cookie sheet advent calendars for Christmas gifts! LOL I've never made one before so this should be interesting, making 5-6 of them!
The cookie sheets are *ready* and I have some stuff I've ordered but waiting on a few more orders I should have this week so I can really get going on them!
I am going to try & do a page tomorrow though. Also another *me* mini album I need to do but that's on the backburner for now...

Busy, busy...!! But I am still here! LOL
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

November 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The cookie sheet Advent calendars sound like fun. How do you make those?
Always looking forward to seeing your work.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

November 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I can't wait to see what they look like!

So glad you popped in to say say hi

November 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooohhh, I seen a picture of a Christmas Advent cookie sheet last year and it was awesome! I saved the pic so I could make my own this year, thanks for reminding me! Where did you get your cookie sheets?

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks
November 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I'm anxious to start them!! Couple more days... :-)

Quote:
Where did you get your cookie sheets?[/b]
I got mine at Dollar General Market. Ideally, they shouldn't be non-stick or the paint will flake off. But that was all I could find so I had to deal!
Dh sanded them (edges), then spray primed & spray painted the outer edges. Now the rest is up to me, lol.
ETA: You do NOT have to paint them at all, you can use "as is". I think they're more winter-y looking with a bit of paint though, JMO...

Quote:
The cookie sheet Advent calendars sound like fun. How do you make those?[/b]
...lots of cookie sheet advent calendars!

Neat one using bottle caps- http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd...yout_id=1264847

Basically how you see in the pictures of the link I posted. Prep your cookie sheet, use 25 items (new or from your stash) & add numbers to them and magnets on the back. Makes holes at the top (dh drilled) to thread wire through to hang & tie with bow (last step).
Cover the inside with your choice of paper and blank square calendar spaces. I think I have a link for the template of calendar spaces, if anyone wants it PM me....
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

November 12th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Wow that cookie sheet idea sounds really cool. I have seen some pictures of them but I bet they won't be as nice as yours!

I have been working on Christmas gifts as well. Really simple idea - I just takle a glass bulb (you can get them in a 4 pack at Micheal's) and roll up some patterend paper Christmassy or otherwise, throw it in and it ends up looking gorgeous. I will have to take a picture or two to show you. I have sold some as well.

Wow that cookie sheet idea sounds really cool. I have seen some pictures of them but I bet they won't be as nice as yours!

I have been working on Christmas gifts as well. Really simple idea - I just takle a glass bulb (you can get them in a 4 pack at Micheal's) and roll up some patterend paper Christmassy or otherwise, throw it in and it ends up looking gorgeous. I will have to take a picture or two to show you. I have sold some as well.

November 12th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sherry- I love love LOVE the cookie sheet calendars!! I want to give it a try! Just curious-what exactly did you order for them that you are waiting to come in? I'm just curious what kinds of little trinkets and embellishments you are using and where you found them? Thanks for a great idea!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
November 12th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Rusha- I am curious now! LOL What kind of glass bulbs? Do you have a pic of one you've done?

As for trinkets, etc... I ordered a bunch of different chipboards, pleat flowers & trims from Maya Road. Also more stickles, rub-ons & paper (Cosmo Cricket "Oh Joy") and extras from that paper line as well from scrapbook.com and more numbers & alphas, glitter "Thickers"...
I did get some stickers to put onto chipboard at Michael's as well & tan cardstock for the calendar template part.
I don't even remember anymore, lol. Thing is, it wouldn't be bad to do one but doing 5 requires more supplies!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

November 12th, 2008, 03:44 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those look great! They look a little complicated to me. I think I will tackle that another year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search