My shopping experience....

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2008, 05:57 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
with my son.

So I decide to head off to Michaels today with Logan and my 2 daycare kids. I wanted some paper pads and they are 40% off and then I got the extra 25% off so they were a good deal.

I put the 19 month old in the stroller and thought Logan would do fine (which he did up to a point). We are at the checkout and of course it is busy and I need to wait for a bit. They have the toys up there and he of course wanted to play with them. No big deal it passed the time. I thought to myself he was really good so I would buy him (and the 4 year old I look after) a toy. So we pay for it and he gets his own bag. What does he do but go back to the toys and start filling his bag up with more cars!

Now I need to explain to a 2 year old that he can't steal and put them back....so you can imagine what happens...he throws a fit. I pick him up (kicking and screaming) and go back to the stroller and want to get out of there quickly as I am sure everyone was starring at me at this point. I get out to the car and put them all in their car seats to realize I left my purchase at the checkout. I am thinking there is NO WAY I am taking them back into the store. I had no choice but to ask someone to take my receipt back into the store and ask for my bag. There was this lovely man who I stopped and asked if he could do me a favour and he did!

Anyways my point of this story is I was so happy to come across a person who had no problem taking the time out to help out a mother who will probably never again try to venture out with her daycare kids and her son (unless her son is in a stroller and can't get out LOL). It makes you realize there are people out there who don't mind helping someone out.
November 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Jen. I had to laugh at the story. No matter how different our backgrounds and cultures; two year olds will be two year olds. On the bright side, I'm so glad you got such a bargain and that there are some really nice people in this world.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

November 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
LOL Jen. I had to laugh at the story. No matter how different our backgrounds and cultures; two year olds will be two year olds. On the bright side, I'm so glad you got such a bargain and that there are some really nice people in this world.[/b]
Grace - I am laughing about it now but in the moment I wanted to DIE! I embarrass easily. Logan has my temper (I was pretty terrible when I was a toddler) and now my mom just laughs at me. She thinks it is payback! LOL
November 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
OOOOh no Jen! I SO SYMPATHIZE! I have been out with Aiden when he has had temper tantrums and they are SO embaressing!

Glad that that man was sweet and got your purchases for you! What did you get? Can we see?

November 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
OOOOh no Jen! I SO SYMPATHIZE! I have been out with Aiden when he has had temper tantrums and they are SO embaressing!

Glad that that man was sweet and got your purchases for you! What did you get? Can we see?[/b]
I got 2 paper packs. Here are the links to them.

DCWV - I have wanted this one for a while. Normally 29.99 and I got it for about 15.00

SEI - I got this one for $15.00 as well.

I should have paid about $67.00 for the 2 and I got them for $30.00.
November 28th, 2008, 12:19 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very nice paper stacks. Sorry your DS had to do that to you, I can just imagine how that made you feel. That's was so sweet of that man to do that. It's good to see there are still nice people out in our world.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now there is a chap that deserves a good samartian shout out of the day. What a nice guy. Sorry the first test out with Logan and the daycare kids didn't go so well. Paul had the same situation with Hope at a store on the way home and wanting candy but not wanting to pay for it. She threw a fit!

The blinky is clickable!!
December 2nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
You brave woman!!! I will only attempt to take the 3 younger kds out in have to situation. Thank goodness for those wonderful ppl that are out there willing to help!

I love that Glitter stack!!! It has some pretty paper in it, the Alpine stack I haven't seen before. I'll have to look a little better the next time I go to JA

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search