Chit Chat Thread!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2008, 08:30 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just though I would start a thread and check to see how everybody is doing. What is new or old, exciting or not so exciting in your life right now?

I must say we are getting hit by a snow storm at the moment and have over 12" of snow on the ground!
Here is a picture from 9 am this morning.

Now how are all of you???

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

December 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
It would be so nice to have snow every once in awhile. It is cold here but nothing that would produce snow.

Nothing new here. I have barely begun Christmas shopping, still haven't had a chance to scrapbook. OH, I did get a job working from home. I am a switchboard operator
December 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
good idea Jen, I'm jealous of your snow, ours is all gone except in the shady areas and we had + temperatures yesterday and is supposed to be 13 today. i have some Christmas shopping done, i'm stuck on what to get for Tristan that Ryland didn't get when he was one. Oh and i got a scrapbook page done yesterday i will try to post it later today.

How is your pregnancy going Jen?

Gina what kind of switchboard are you operating?

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 1st, 2008, 11:13 AM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Uhh..we spent the night in the ER...Tatyahna started throwing up at 6:00pm and by 9:00pm she had thrown up 10 times! And she wasnt keeping any thing down...so we took her in and they gave her some nausea medicine and did some blood work and they said it was the stomach flu but the medicine stopped the throwing up and she was able to keep some fluids in her! She hasnt thrown up in 12 hours!!!

And we were also in the ER last monday night because at 4:00am AaLiyah couldnt breathe and she had pneumonia...but she is better now!!!

I have gotten some scrapbooking done I have done almost 3 gift albums done!! And I also did 2 pages for the family album!!

December 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Great idea to start this thread! Sorry your girls have been sick Jamie!

That is a huge dumping of snow! We have freezing rain here today, it is nasty!

I went to the mall on Sunday and oh my goodness, I think I must have been crazy. I had to wait for 10 minutes to get a card (with kids in tow...lovely) and then it was hard to manouever around all the other shoppers! Eventually I had my hubby take the kids to the mall's playpark while I finished up shopping. I managed to spend $150 so I did okay! LOL!

I am participating in a 12 days of Christmas contest and it is fun, been doing a new card each day. I love cards, it is sad! I think I make cards more than I scrapbook. I haven't been feeling like scrapping lately but I need to get some pictures developed. I know once I get the kiddos birthday pictures done I will scrap them!

December 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
It is not an actual switchboard so to speak. I take calls for an electronics company and route them to the proper department. While working I am linked into their server from my computer so I have access to the phones systems and all. It is really neat.
December 2nd, 2008, 06:22 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is a great idea having this thread.

Jen - The snow pics look gorgeous. We've been having cold temps, but no snow here yet. Flurries one morning, but that's about it. It's been so long since we've had snow & even longer since we've had the amount you have.

Tamara - 13 Brrrrr! That's cold. I hope you're able to get your Christmas shopping done.

Michelle - Congrats on your work from home job! Are their set hours for you to "man the phones"?

Jerusha - the 12 days of Christmas cards sound fun. Are you going to post the cards you make?

Jamie - I hope your girls start feelling better soon.

I don't have much going on with me lately. I haven't been able to get motivated to scrap much at all. I've been making some cards, and that's about it. Hopefully our December Crop will get me back in the mood to scrap.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 2nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Jen- I think we have been getting the same strom you have. Nick shoveled last night and this morning it's all covered again

Gina I'd be more then glad to send you a foot of snow lol, we have plenty to spare

Tamara- Good luck with the shopping, I was trying to figure out what to get Zach for his bday and Christmas that isn't already inthe house lol. Woohoo about the scrapbook page!

Jamie I was in the ER with Zach Thanksgiving morning with a croopy cough. Now it's a cold that most of the kids have UGH!!

Jerusha you are so brave to venture to the mall, Rich had to take Alex into work and just dropping him off was nuts. Can't wait to see the cards!!

I have managed to get August scrapped but that's about it but it's enough lol. Zach has a cold and hardly leaves my lap(what there left of it hehe)Wesley has the same cold but ends up puking from coughing so much. Emma, Toby and Sebastian all have a cough. 'm not feeling good myself, wonder why?? Probably because I've got like 7 hours of sleep since Thanksgiving. I'm up giving out medicine, wiping noses, getting water or juice. I've had this stupid itch in the back of my throat since Saturday and I can't get rid of it so it's, besides the kids has been keeping me awake.

I keep telling Rich I need a vacation just to sleep for a few days, nameless baby loves to kick when I'm trying to sleep. That I don't mind being woke up with, I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. Wish I could just enjoy this pregnancy, but that's hard to do with so many losses and a stillborn.

I think I need to perk up

December 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Michelle, you are a superhero mom. Being pregnant with that many kids and taking care of them while they are sick and just being their mommy is an incredible task. I hope that you are able to get some rest! My doctor put me on bedrest last year when I was pregnant with Micah just so that I could get some sleep. With an active toddler it was impossible! I can't even imagine what it would be like for you!!

I have to work this evening. I am teaching a class. I don't mind going to work, and I don't mind teaching a class - but there is only one person signed up and they are still having the class. And it is not even a person I like, it is someone who is soooo annoying! ARGH! Oh well.

Michelle, you are a superhero mom. Being pregnant with that many kids and taking care of them while they are sick and just being their mommy is an incredible task. I hope that you are able to get some rest! My doctor put me on bedrest last year when I was pregnant with Micah just so that I could get some sleep. With an active toddler it was impossible! I can't even imagine what it would be like for you!!

I have to work this evening. I am teaching a class. I don't mind going to work, and I don't mind teaching a class - but there is only one person signed up and they are still having the class. And it is not even a person I like, it is someone who is soooo annoying! ARGH! Oh well.

December 2nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Oh Jamie i'm sorry your girls are sick, i hope they are feeling better today

Jerusha isn't it nice to shop by yourself, the 12 days of Christmas sounds fun. and i hope your class with the one annoying lady goes smoothly, what is your class on

13 Celsius Becky so it was actually really warm for this time of year about 55 your temperature

Today there is nothing special planned just taking Ryland to pre-school ad trying to figure out how to get Tristan his naps today when i have to ring him with me to drop Ryland off and pick him up, usually he is asleep but DH isn't going to be home today

Michelle YAY on getting August done, sprry you all have colds we have a minor one going around here but it's not that bad. i hate those itches at the back of the troat they are so hard to deal with, ihope you can get some sleep soon

December 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Well this morning I woke up with the flu! I feel gross ! I just feel cold and my stomach is upset!

Gina~ Glad to hear about your new job!

Tamara~ My pregnancy is going good. I finally don't have m/s anymore. I am 23 weeks and the baby is moving around a ton! We still need to come up with a name for him. Thanks for asking!

Jamie~ I hope your little ones are feeling better soon. I hate when Luke is sick I feel so bad that I can't do anything for him. (((HUGS)))

I am very glad you all like the chat thread. I was hoping it would help to keep us updated in everybody's life.

I wanted to finish my Christmas shopping tonight but I don't think I will be doing that the way I feel. talk to you all later back to bed for me.

Jen & Eric

December 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
sorry your sick Jen, i hope you feel better really quick

December 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Well I had my first pg moment this afternoon. I got Sebastian, Wesley and Zach all dressed and ready to go out to Nick conference at the high school. Wesley puked on the way out the door but I didn't have the time to clean it, gross I know but it was getting late.

Get up to the school just as the bell rings and to the office only to find out the conference is tomorrow!!! UGH!!!! Get home, Nick cleans up the floor for me and the deadbolt on the front door won't unlock so the kids all have to tromp through the whole house with snowy boots.

I did get all the Christmas cards addressed and stamped

December 3rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Ladies! I am feeling great today! I think my body just needed a day of rest.

Well today we are getting another 3-6" of SNOW!!! This is crazy. I quick got up this morning and ran to wal-mart to get a bunch of stuff we were out of including diapers!!! Now I am home for today and making a big crock pot dinner!!! Yummy!

Jen & Eric

December 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jen, I'm so glad you're feeling better today. More snow??? Yikes, and you still have the other snow left over don't you? What part of Wisconsin do you live in? I have a dear friend who lives in the Kiel area, and I've been up there several times visiting. I love it up there, but I usually only visit during the summer time, so never dealt with your snow. LOL!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 3rd, 2008, 03:33 PM
Glad to hear you ladies are feeling a bit better.

I am going to brag. I took BOTH my kids to the grocery store by MYSELF today. That might not seem like much, especially not to Michelle (LOL!) but we don't have a car so outings are difficult. I was avoiding it like the plague since Micah was born but I did it and it wasnt to bad!

December 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I haven't been around much lately ladies, I've been so exhausted and now the doctor put me on mandatory rest .. at least now I have more JM time on my hands lol..
December 3rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Quote:
I haven't been around much lately ladies, I've been so exhausted and now the doctor put me on mandatory rest .. at least now I have more JM time on my hands lol..[/b]
oh no hun is everything ok?

YAY glad your feeling better Jen

Way to go Jerusha, i know how hard it is to do things with no vehicle, were the boys good for you?

I spent the day out of the house today, we met some friends for lunch and shopping, then i came home put Tristan for a nap and took Ryland with me to Costco and the mall and got just about all of DH's christmas stuff

December 4th, 2008, 07:57 AM
My cold is now in my head with nasty sinus headaches, just what I need. I am working on my 2nd Tri LO with Zach sleeping next to me. Nameless baby is currently kicking him in the head

Quote:
I am going to brag. I took BOTH my kids to the grocery store by MYSELF today. That might not seem like much, especially not to Michelle (LOL!) but we don't have a car so outings are difficult. I was avoiding it like the plague since Micah was born but I did it and it wasnt to bad![/b]
I have been in your shoes Jerusha, when we had Alex, Nick and Kimber we only had the mini van that Rich took to work. I'd only use it when I felt like getting 3 very young kids up at 6 in the morning.

Quote:
I haven't been around much lately ladies, I've been so exhausted and now the doctor put me on mandatory rest .. at least now I have more JM time on my hands lol..[/b]
Sorry to hear about the bedrest. I have been having way more BH then I should be, so I'm sure I'll be heading there myself. Yicks I hate it

December 5th, 2008, 05:46 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
My blood pressure was way up, so they were a little worried about that, but the doctor said it would have to go much higher than that to start labor or do any damage so we're good for now.

I'm sorry to hear about your BH, I didn't have them until the end of my pregnancy with Alyssa, scared me half to death thinking I was going into labor every time lol..

I can't believe that I'll have Rylan here in less than two months This pregnancy seems to have gone by SOOO fast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search