Question (NEWBIE)

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Top Chef
I started Digi Scrappin' and Paper Scrappin' at the same time.

I've noticed that it's MUCH easier to digiscrap bc erasing or hitting "undo" is much simpler than undoing a bunch of glue!!!!

My question is this: All the pages I see are "PAPER" paper scraps, where when I thought of paper scrapping, I just assumed it meant anything other than digi. I might have been wrong and there just might not be a spot for me here with my scrapping.

I don't use "paper" materials-at least, not most of it. I use fabrics, yarn, ribbon, weird odds/ends around the house, toys, stuff like that.... I do use paper, but more as a background (full page) and then add to it from there. I also use some stickers, bc my handwriting sucks, but I like using magazine lettering best! I'm making my oldest daughter a scrap album for Christmas. When it's done, I'll take some pics and share them. But am I in the right place????

oh and my name's Michele.... <waves hello>
December 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can use just about anything for scrapbooking! I know I do a lot using paper, but there are also techniques for ribbon or just about anything. Look through some of the galleries and you can see so many different techniques.

December 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello, Michele & Welcome! I'm Becky and have been scrapping for a couple of years. As Amanda said you can use just about anything for scrapping. I'm just now feeling more comfortable handwriting on my pages as I'm not to crazy about my handwriting either. LOL! I look forward to seeing your pages!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I use all kinds of different things in my scrapbooking, not just paper
December 8th, 2008, 06:53 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there Michele. I think what you do is called hybrid scrapbooking, a mixture of traditional and digital. It is getting more popular and actually a good idea on cutting down cost. I love paper scrapbooking because of the tactile feel (and I love paper cutting and sticking things down - very therapeutic). Basically, scrapbooking has no real rules. Do it anyway you want to. There is one thing I'd urge you to do though if you like using cut outs from magazines and other media, is to use an archival spray (anti-acid) as that will help preserve your pages better. Magazines and newspapers are made to degrade.

Anyway, you are more than welcome here and I would love to see some of your pages.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

December 9th, 2008, 08:14 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Michele!!

I'm Michelle and have been paper scrapbooking for over 8 years. Glad to have you aboard!

You can pretty much use anything to scrapbook as long as it's acid and something else free. There is spray that can be bought to help with that.

December 17th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Top Chef
Michelle,
WOW!!! I want that many kiddos but don't think my body (or my checkbook) can withstand it!! KUDOS TO YOU!!!!!!!!! We're still workin' on #4...... well, we will be when DH is ready and we've sold our house...

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! I appreciate it!!!!! I am trying to get the book completed and will post pics probably after Christmas.
December 17th, 2008, 01:13 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Paper scrapbooking can really reach a huge area of things....things liked altered items (like paint cans, or clipboards..ect) are considered paper scrapbooking. Adding things to paper like fabric and other odds and ends are also scrapbooking, although you'll find that the majority of the time it is mostly paper. But really the embellishments that you would buy in the store are things you can find at home...like buttons, silk flowers..ect.

I think that more cautious paper scrapbookers are reluctant to use things around the house because they are not acid free and can ruin the pictures if they touch it over time.

Me personally I don't get hung up on the while acid free stuff...if it goes great on my page, I'll add it.

The blinky is clickable!!
December 18th, 2008, 06:35 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm another Michelle.. I use different things to embellish my paper pages and I agree with some of the previous posters in that you can use a huge variety of things on your page, not just paper.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search