Besides our group here on JM

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2008, 03:54 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you belong to a scrapbooking or stamping club?

I've seen some flyers out here for stamping parties/scrapping groups and wondered who all does this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 18th, 2008, 04:39 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not. I think it would be too expensive!! We don't have anything like that where I live, at least that I know of. Becky, what part of MD do you live in?

December 18th, 2008, 06:28 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
This is the only place I go, all I have time for lol.

December 18th, 2008, 06:43 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use to organize a local scrapbooking group in my area for a little over a year and then it fizzled out with less people having the time to get together so I closed it. I still go to crops about twice a year with a small group of friends and go to card workshops a few times a year with another group of friends.

I belong to splitcoaststampers, but am more of a lurker than a poster there. I haven't been much into scrapbooking for a few months now and haven't even been on this board much. I've been leaning more towards general crafting and crafting with my kids these days.

If you are looking for people in your area to get together with, check out www.meetup.com for local groups and try to find demonstrators for companies like Close to My Heart or Stampin Up etc in your area as they usually have crops and workshops they do monthly.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

December 18th, 2008, 06:53 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amanda, I live in Laurel about 1/2 way between DC & Baltimore.

I've gone to a few crops and found myself getting bored after a few hours. So, 12 hour or weekend crops are not for me. LOL! I'm gotten together with some friends and made cards and enjoyed that. I attended a Christmas card making party in November, which reminds me that I haven't posted pics of those yet, but again got a little bored and was so happy when I left. I guess I just work best when it's me or with some friends and we take breaks, laugh, etc., and we're not scrapping/cardmaking the entire day. Also, I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had much time to do any crafty things.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 18th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
nope not here either, but i did enjoy the 12 hour crops, trouble is now the same group is not doing them, i have been invited over to scrap with them whenever but they live on the far side if the city from me so i will have to wait for Tristan to be done nursing to go again, i haven't found any near me yet, but haven't looked to hard either

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 18th, 2008, 02:07 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I don't! I would love to do it. But it comes down to time and money.

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

December 18th, 2008, 06:30 PM
jbc0827
Some creative memories consultants do crops also. I would love to be able to find a group to scrap with.

Quote:
If you are looking for people in your area to get together with, check out www.meetup.com for local groups and try to find demonstrators for companies like Close to My Heart or Stampin Up etc in your area as they usually have crops and workshops they do monthly.[/b]
The person who organzied the one on meetup.com from my area stopped doing it and no one took over.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search