We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Grommets are basically enormous eyelets. Traditionally, grommets were used to reinforce the holes in shoes and other apparel items. However, grommets have now become a phenomenally popular scrapbooking embellishment.
If you are interested in using grommets on your layout, I highly recommend the Crop A Dile (We R Memory Keepers) which is awesome for setting eyelets and grommets. Even better is the Big Bite Crop A Dile which allows you to stretch farther on your page. I should do a separate post on the C.A.D. I LOVE IT!
Here are some ideas for ways in which you can use grommets:
1. Use large scrapbook grommets as mini frames for cropped photos.
2. Use grommets as a substitute for the letter “O” in your page titles.
3. Substitute scrapbook grommets for bullets in journaling lists.
4. Center smaller stickers inside grommets to create an eye-catching page accent.
5. Create a hip border by adding several randomly placed grommets to the bottom of your layout.
6. Group grommets together to create unique corners for your focal point photo.
7. Add grommets to the center of silk flowers for a whimsical page accent.
8. Use round grommets and string to create a fun balloon bouquet accent for a birthday themed layout.
9. Scrapbooking grommets can be used to mimic the look of bubbles on a bath time layout for your child’s scrapbook.
10. Add shiny silver grommet wheels to a paper piecing of a car to create a uniquely masculine page accent.
11. Create an interactive mini-book for your layout and use scrapbooking grommets to reinforce the holes in the closure.
12. Use grommets to adhere vellum, transparencies, and specialty scrapbook papers to your pages.
13. Thread ribbon or fibers through the holes in your grommets for a one-of-a-kind look.
14. Use grommets to add a touch of dimension to your digital scrapbook layouts.
Here is a handy video to help you when you are thinking of using grommets. They show this using fabric, but it should work easier with paper: