Challenge #8

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Okay, this one might be a little tough, but I think you can do it!

Since we are starting a new year, let's say goodbye to 2008 by using:

20 embellishments on a LO
8 different pieces of patterned paper

Now, some people might think this is insane, but ANY embellishment from the tiniest rhinestone or brad DOES count. And 8 pieces of patterned paper can be 8 little squares or circles or whatever, cut out from different pieces of paper.

You can do it!! Inspire me!

January 4th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Marike's Avatar Super Mommy
welp, I totally stole this layout from scrapbook etc's december issue. I figure that since I'm new to scrapbooking, stealing layouts is forgivable since I'm learning. I saw it and thought it was the perfect opportunity to use some photos I didn't really have a place for. But I say that about a lot of layouts and I never do them. So, when I saw this challenge, I immediately thought of it and got to it.

I originally changed it up a bit with two photos on the top and two on the bottom, but in the end I stuck with the original layout because I was having trouble with squaring off edges and making them not stick out. I got in all 8 patterned papers, tho two of them are prolly hard to see cuz they're marbled. Not sure if leaves and flowers count as embellishments, but I counted them! I had some little jewels to put on the spring and winter trees but decided they didn't need the bling. The spring side now has some little butterflies that I just added but I'm not gonna retake the photo (sorry - just imagine 3 lil pretty floaty butterflies! ). The most time consuming part was cutting out the tree. I found a long twig-like tree outline while looking at the piecing challenge stuff and I used that as a base and then made it my own from there (it doesn't really look like the original imo), then I had to trace and cut out 4 of 'em...my right pointy finger hurts from holding the xacto knife so hard!

Overall, I'm verrrry happy with the way it turned out. I would have never come up with it on my own, but it was a good challenge for me to work through choosing papers, photos and managing a large amount of stuff. Learned a lot!

January 4th, 2009, 05:56 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Marike what a great idea for a page! I just love it. Great job on the trees. I really like the winter tree....what did you use for the snow?
January 4th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Wowzers! That turned out really awesome!!!! You did SUCH a good job!!!!

January 4th, 2009, 06:53 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Wow....I'm such a newbie at this! That's an awesome page!

January 4th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Marike's Avatar Super Mommy
Mahalo everyone!

Quote:
I really like the winter tree....what did you use for the snow?[/b]
2 layers of liquid white out! I didn't steal that idea from the magazine lol. Their winter tree was red w/ 3 white buttons.

January 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
The 20 embellishments were so hard!! The pinwheels I counted as 2 each (the pinwheel, then a brad in the middle), 7 buttons, 2 bigger, silver brads, 3 ribbons, & 2 eyelets. WHEW! And the 8 pieces of patterned paper are the strips making the background.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

January 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marike - Love the trees. Very creative!

Scrappy Mom - The pinwheels are great. I really like the glitter embellishments, too.

This one was hard!! I actually used nine patterned paper and one solid, plus 21 embellishments. There are 5 patterned on the left and 4 on the right. The embellishments are the stickers and the foil turkeys.

January 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Robyn - another great page. I like how you used the patterned paper behind the photos in strips.

Amanda your double page turned out great. Those turkeys are cute.
January 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those are great pages ladies! This is a tough one. I hope to give this a try later this week since I wasn't able to get in any scrapping this weekend.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 5th, 2009, 09:50 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Wonderful job ladies!!! Your pages are all very inspiring!!

January 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Marike it's not stealing just lifting and we all do that. I'm super impressed you used an exacto knife to cut out those trees, my hand isn't steady enough to do curves, the whole LO is just amazing, it is such a great idea and i think i might Lift it from you it would make a great picture to hang on your wall.

WOW Robyn, i love this page, the colors the patterns all look so good

Amanda good idea splitting it into a 2 pager, it turned out very nice, the foil turkeys are cute

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search