I'm going to need to get a job!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
To support this bad habit now!!!!

Oh my! I went to JoAnn's first to see what they had in ways of cricut cartridges. They had the Machines...but no cartridges?!?! The lady working there told me to order them online. Uh....duh...if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have stopped in the store. Whatever. They had a sale so I got a nice "Ultimate Stack" to play with and some stickers that were on clearance and I just couldn't resist!

From there, I walked down through the mall that my JoAnn's is in and browsed Walmart for storage bins. Well! I was shocked to see that Walmart carried Cricut Machines and cartridges!!! Solution cartridges were $38 and change and the others were $59 and change. Since I hadn't been to Michael's yet...I resisted that temptation.

So...no storage bins worth buying so it was off to Michaels.

I walk in and right in front of me was an empty shelf of the cartridges that were on sale for $29!!!!!! The shelf might as well have pointed and laughed at me. Oh well...missed out on that sale! I asked and there were none in the back so...

I then went to a different Walmart that was on my home. (needed to buy Pull-Ups for the night anyhow)

They had a HUGE selection and the solution cartridges were $34 and change (4 less than the ther walmart). So...after picking up and putting back Alphalicious and Mied Up...I settled on the simple Sana Serif cartridge. If I hadn't spent money in JoAnn's I would've gotten one of the other cartridges.

So....looks like I'll need to get a job! I actually do work - teaching dance classes two days a week but it's barely enough to support this habit!

How do you ladies not want to buy them all???

January 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
jbc0827
I am glad you were able to find some cartridges. Sorry you missed the sale at Michael's though. The good news is that Michael's has their cartridges on sale quite a bit. Well, that may be bad news. LOL Some of us *cough* Michelle *cough* do not resist buying them all. LOL
January 3rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I'm signing up for the Michael's newsletter so I don't miss out next time! Plus...I think hanging around here will help me know when there's a sale. Hope you ladies are OK with that!

January 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For future reference, if you miss a sale at Michael's, they will give you a rain check, so long as it isn't a special sale or with limited quantities such as Black Friday (though you will have to specify which cartridges you want). I have done this several times with no problems.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

January 3rd, 2009, 11:38 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just take DH with me, because then he watches how much money I spend ("How much paper do you need????" as he's looking into my cart) but I also don't spend a lot of time because he doesn't want to hang around the craft store! I have no time to spend the money LOL

I've been looking at a lot of cartridges. Each one that is on my wish list, I have to ask myself if I would save money by using that, or embellishments. The New Arrival one, I know I will because I have TONS of projects going for my son, and I know a lot of people that will be having babies soon (cards etc. will be required!) Even though it is one of the more pricey cartridges, I know that I would spend over $100 on embellishments for Jonah's scrapbook alone. That makes it worth it.

The Paper Pups, on the other hand, I would just use for a couple pages and maybe if I ever get a book started for my doggie. Maybe some b-day cards or party invites etc. but right now, even though I LOVE it and have a little use for it, it is on my "wait to buy" list.

Fonts will get used the most, so after I get New Arrival, I will probably start stocking up on a few fonts just because they have a million uses

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 4th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I'm into the fonts more so than the characters and such. I'm a sticker addict and own far too many stickers for scrapping. So I'll hold off on 'theme' cartridges for a while.

January 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
jbc0827
Check ebay for cartridges. That is where michelle gets a lot of hers. I got New Arrival on there for about $20.
January 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the tip!

January 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Check ebay for cartridges. That is where michelle gets a lot of hers. I got New Arrival on there for about $20.[/b]
My New Arrival is up to $27.50 right now. My max bid is $40. There is four hours to go. They were all up that high, but I bet it's because a lot of people (like me) got the machine for Christmas, spawning bid wars on these things. I can justify spending $40 if it gets that high. As I said, I would spend a LOT more without it. Even if I paid full price!!!

I guess ebay is touch and go. Maybe if we wait until after the post-holiday rush they will go back down a little. There is a website for cloth diapers called "diaperswappers" where mommies can trade cloth diapers or sell/buy used ones. That would be nice for cartridges- get one, use it for whatever project, then swap with another crafter for one you need.

Click the blinkies!

January 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Swapping would be fun! Too bad the New Arrival one was in my Walmart for $45! But I'm thinking it was marked wrong.

January 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM
If I don't get this one, I will look at my walmart!!!

Click the blinkies!

January 4th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Marike's Avatar Super Mommy
Most carts are still $29.99 at customcrops.com w/ free shipping when you spend more than $100 (which is way easy to do lol). They also sell on ebay fwiw.

Also, I found this set of 4 for 96.99 w/ free shipping. They also have a set of 4 with Zoobaloo instead of Mini Monograms. ebay That's like $25 a cart. I really only want AMU and MM, but for that price, it's like woo might as well!

January 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
That is a great price! I'd get the others as well too!

January 4th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Most carts are still $29.99 at customcrops.com w/ free shipping when you spend more than $100 (which is way easy to do lol). They also sell on ebay fwiw.

Also, I found this set of 4 for 96.99 w/ free shipping. They also have a set of 4 with Zoobaloo instead of Mini Monograms. ebay That's like $25 a cart. I really only want AMU and MM, but for that price, it's like woo might as well![/b]
Wow, thanks for the link to customcrops! They DO have New Arrival for $29.99! I'm glad I lost that auction now (it went for $43 at last minute, and my high bid was $40)

Click the blinkies!

January 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM
ugh...by $3! But glad it's only $29 at customcrops for you!

January 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I was very lucky to get in on the Cricut cartridges when there was only a handful out, so it didn't take long to stay up to date with them.

I did find the new only avalible in the Expression sold at WalMart Home Decor cartridge on Ebay. It sold for almost $90, which was more than I was going to pay. Then I saw another yesterday that went for $120 I don't think so.

I'm just waiting for a good deal on Ebay or for it to just be sold in the store, waiting is not my thing

January 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I need patience. I'm so excited to be using my Cricut now that I want them all!!!!

But I'm going to use them as incentive to keep up with some New Year Resolutions.

January 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Marike's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the link to customcrops! They DO have New Arrival for $29.99! I'm glad I lost that auction now (it went for $43 at last minute, and my high bid was $40)[/b]
Yep no prob. They can sometimes be slow to ship if they're having a sale (like my pink tuesday/black friday order took almost 10 biz days to ship), or sometimes they can be quick (when I ordered my cricut e from them, it was on the fedex truck the next day). They've been closed for the last four days, so I wouldn't be surprised if it took them the full 4 biz days to catch up from all of the mommies who are spending their xmas money (like me lol). I just ordered 4 carts from them lastnight (you know, cuz I got such a deal on my storage unit rofl and I had to go over $100 to get free shipping (100FREESHIP is the code if you can't find it and you're splurging!). All but 1 of my carts is backordered til the 9th so I'm not exactly in a rush (and they're good at automatically sending out backordered stuff in my experience - they don't always notify me that it's shipped so it's a great surprise at the mailbox, but the dates they quote on their site when they expect more in have been accurate for me). The other store I shop at is memorymiser.com and they occasionally have the $29.99 cart sale and they always have free shipping on orders over $34.99 (their regular cart price is like $38 iirc). I'm kinda big on free shipping (in case you couldn't tell lol).

New Arrival was one of the first ones I bought - it's so terribly cute!

January 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Quote:
The other store I shop at is memorymiser.com and they occasionally have the $29.99 cart sale and they always have free shipping on orders over $34.99 (their regular cart price is like $38 iirc).[/b]
That is who was auctioning the one I was bidding on

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search