Another Cricut Question...

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
.... I promise I will stop eventually.....

I have found the Expression with two cartridges for $219. That doesn't include shipping and the cartridges that come with it are Accent Essentials and Plantin Schoolbook. It seems like a good price, but I wanted to check with the experts. I want one so bad!!!

Also, I am getting the Cricut more for title than anything, so what would be the best cartridges to get?

January 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I'm new around here but that price for the expression seems great!!! I just told my DH who was also impressed with the price since he bought me the Cricut Personal Cutter (6x12) for close to that price!

Cartridges alone range from $30 to $90 each!

I wonder if he'd let me get the Expression as well....

January 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure about the pricing, as mine was a gift from my MIL. But, I do have the one that came with Plantin and Home Decor. I'd much rather have Accent Essentials than Home Decor!

I would say that it is worth $219 given all that it can do. A di-cut that does the same kind of cuts from Stampin-Up would be about $150, and then $20-50 for each template. The expression is much more versatile than a manual di-cut, and more economic. I use a lot of embellishments on my pages, and so even if I had bought the machine myself, I am sure in the long run I will save money (as long as I am sensible about what accessories and cartridges I buy)

But as far as will you find it cheaper elsewhere, I have no idea.

The Plantin Schoolbook has lettering that is good for titles. It is nothing fancy, but you can mix it up with italics and a few other variations they have on it. Most of the font cartridges I've seen are $30. I think it just depends on what style of font you will use a lot. I am working on two books right now- Jonah's baby book and my wedding album. So, I would get the most use out of a playful almost childish font, and another more elegant font, at the moment.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
That is a great price for the Expression!

Quote:
But, I do have the one that came with Plantin and Home Decor.[/b]
You have Home Decor!!!!!

January 6th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Marike's Avatar Super Mommy
It's a good price.

January 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You have Home Decor!!!!![/b]
I'm finding more uses for it as I play a bit more, but it isn't the first one I'd choose. Some of the cuts I know I'll never use. I do like the butterflies and dragonflies on it though

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
gavinsmommy9-19-06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So, I would get the most use out of a playful almost childish font, and another more elegant font, at the moment.[/b]

a great one that looks childlike that i use on a lot of ds pages it all mixed up. it is a great cartridge!
January 7th, 2009, 06:57 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Any of the character fonts would be great for kids; Sesame Street, Mickey or Winnie the Pooh, Hello Kitty is a good one also. Also Cuttin' Up,
Makin' the Grade or Learning Curve.

Great elegent fonts are Storybook, Blackletter, Stone Script, Jasmine or Calligraphy Collection.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search