I'm bummin and need help

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my new die (pillow box) in the mail today and was so excited I immediately opened it up and made a box. My excitement quickly changed to disappointment when I realized that it cuts through on the score lines too much. When I folded the ends to close the box, the ends break off. Does anyone have any idea's or suggestions on what I can do to prevent the score lines from cutting all the way through?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

January 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I'm not too familair with die-cuts...but if you used a craft knife, can you gently make a score line? Then fold it carefully?

Sorry, I'm not much help.

January 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of machine do you use? Could you double up on the paper, or put a slightly thinner sheet of paper on top of where the scores are to be?

If you have the kind that you press down, maybe you could not press so hard and then anywhere that didn't cut all the way through, you could finish yourself with an x-acto knife? I am not sure how many you will be making though; that might be tedious.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 11th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
The only other thing I could think of in addition to what Jess already said is maybe a thicker cardstock? Good luck and I hope you figure it out!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 12th, 2009, 05:40 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd try a thicker paper, or use an extra sheet when you run it thru the Cuttlebug. Good luck & let us know how you fixed the problem.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 12th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks ladies.

I'm using a cuttlebug and the die has 6 score lines that it does that should not be cutting all the way through but only creasing. Four of them cut through too much that when you fold it, it breaks through. The other two lines seem to be fine and even repeated folding doesn't break though. I tried to double up the paper and use different cutting mats. The card stock I used was the thickest I have and I just gave up and put the die back in the package. It's a sizzix die so maybe someone with a sizzix machine can use it. I'm thinking of putting it on ebay. I can't return it to the site, because it says it has to be unopened and unused and I wouldn't get my S&H back (which was high). Oh well, I will just have to cut them out by hand with the template.

January 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Hmm maybe you could file down the 4 score lines that cut through? I'm so bummed for you Michelle

January 12th, 2009, 06:51 PM
hubby figured it out for me! I showed him how the cuttlebug and die worked and what the problem was. We found that it cut through cardstock too much, but didn't on regular copier paper. So he played around with the different thickness cutting mats and used cardboard to shim it to the right thickness and it worked! I can now make the pillow boxes!

January 13th, 2009, 04:36 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had no idea what you were talking about, but I am glad your hubby found the solution!

January 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for DH!!!! I hope you're going to post pics of them when you complete them.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 13th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Yay for a good hubby! I just love it when they help out! That is so awesome, I am so thrilled for you!

January 13th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! What a great DH! I don't know how the cuttlebug or sizzix works I was thinking of the old-fashioned di-cut machines. Glad your DH is so intuitive!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 14th, 2009, 06:13 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Yeah!!! I'm so glad he was able to fix it, you can pillow box to your hearts content lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search