DH said hed paint my scrap room!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
My current scrap room will become a nursery once I get pregnant so we never painted it assuming wed be pregnant again soon. Well, now were dealing with secondary infertility and who knows when (but hopefully not if) Ill be pregnant so weve decided to just go ahead and paint. If we have a reason to repaint it again soon, all the better. But if not, at least Im not kicking myself for not doing it.

Once that room becomes a nursery my stuff will go to the basement but for now the empty room probably wouldnt be good for me. Ive debated bringing my big table up from the basement, too, but well see. Right now I use a computer desk with hutch from when that room was primarily our office (hehe) and its not very scrap friendly.

Currently the room is yellow and I think Im going to have him paint it green. Im excited!! Ive started reorganizing all my goodies (my room is organized at times, but not user friendly so once I start working it turns into a huge mess).

Anyway - Im interested in any creative storage solutions! I have lots of paper storage and the such so I dont want to buy anymore but was interested to see how you guys have used other things for scrap storage and organization. Ive seen the articles but I dont have pretty paper towel holders and such lying around. I did turn a DVD rack into ribbon storage though

I know we have had threads like this in the past but it never hurts to do it again! Ideas for stamp and cricut organization especially needed.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
Here are a few pictures of how I'm organized. It works pretty good for me!

Please excuse the mess...I tried to tidy up a bit, but I was holding Emma at the same time, so I didn't do that great of a job. But hopefully you get the gist. The two tables are my entire work space, so having everything right there is very beneficial to me.

Have fun painting and reorganizing. I can't wait to paint my room...we've been putting it off because we still need to paint the livingroom and my scrap room opens up to the livingroom...we want to make sure the colors look good together!

Hope this helps. I got all the drawer containers at Lowes in their storage department.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

January 11th, 2009, 08:03 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, great space. I'm trying to get my space organized. I need to pack all the books cluttering up the shelves and then I can get started. I have everything on my desk right now and it's getting very cramped.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

January 12th, 2009, 06:49 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Wow Jenn + Em...you have a great space!

Slowly but surely I'll get area set up just for me in my house.

We had a thread with other idea's for storage.... I love my organizer cart from Target! The drawers are actual containers. Which reminds me...I still want one more!

January 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Thanks ladies!!

I have lots of big storage - one of those big cropper hopper things with the drawers, a plastic scrapbooking cart which I think is like what peanut is describing, a few of those white cubes from Michaels... But my room is not user friendly so as soon as I start working in there it turns into a huge mess. I need more things right at my disposal like Jen has (Love the containers you have on your desk! Im definitely going to check out lowes next time Im there). The problem right now is that the desk Im using is a computer desk that has a hutch on it, so I have very little room on my actual desk. Once I move my stuff into the scrap dungeon (downstairs) Ill have a big flat table so I think Ill set up something like what Jen has.

I did find a cute cricut cart organizer that Im going to get when I move downstairs (or if we decide to bring my table up). It only holds 16 cartridges but I can stack a few on top. If I get closer to 32 cartridges maybe Ill order a 2nd one, but right now 2 would be too much (I have 23 cartridges, so it would take up more space than its worth). For now I think I have something figured out instead of just lining them across the top of the desk at least.

Now I just have to figure out a better way to organize my stamp sets... Hmm....

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Can I just say

January 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM
LOL...thanks girls, I love my space...if only I had more time to crop! The tables were pretty cheap...like 20-something dollars at Costco. I'm thinking of getting one more...lol, like I have the space!

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

January 13th, 2009, 04:39 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that is some great organization!! I think the drawers look awesome. I don't have that much little stuff, so I do ok with the scrapbook organization from Target.

January 13th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Right now since we live in a small 2 bedroom apartment, I don't have a scrap room. When we buy a house, I am going to be looking for a nice room with a window and that will be my scrap room! LOL! In the meantime, I keep all of my stuff in 2 large rolling totes with drawers. But I am expanding my supplies, so I also have a large round basket that holds all my cuttlebug things and the sweet little bug itself. And I have another tote with random things in it up top of my desk. (the totes are under my desk). I actually scrap on top of the larger tote. HAHA!

For buttons and brads, I went to the dollar store and bought a hardware organizer for nuts and bolts and screws. They are perfect! I organize by colour, so when I want something I know where it is. I also have a small rubbermaid desk organizer thing with drawers that I keep flowers in. My mom gave it to me to use to organize my desk. Whoops! LOL!

For clear, acrylic stamps, I have them all organized in a binder with sheets of baseball card holders. They are so cheap and it is perfect because you can see the stamp and it is so organized. I LOVE IT!

I am currently looking for a better solution of storing my inks and I would love any suggestions. Someone suggested to me that old cassette tape holders are perfect for that. I wish I had known, because I threw one out a year or so ago!

I also love the homemade versions of the Clip it up system with dowelling and paper clips and keyrings. So much cheaper than the $100 product and it works so well. I will see if I can scrounge up a pic and be back a bit later with it.

January 13th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
For clear, acrylic stamps, I have them all organized in a binder with sheets of baseball card holders. They are so cheap and it is perfect because you can see the stamp and it is so organized. I LOVE IT![/b]
That is an AWESOME idea. I'm totally doing that.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search