Photobucket prints

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Long story for just a simple question; I'm a chatterbox today!

Last week DH took me to Target to get some digital prints. I had to print out the picture to include in Jonah's birth announcements, and I slipped a bunch of scrapbooking pictures in there while I was at it Well of course we had to wait for them to be printed, so we shopped (ahem... *I* shopped...) and we bumped into some friends from DH's work. They have a LO who is almost one year- they were shopping for a first sippy cup as I was shopping for first baby food spoons! We had a wonderful chat about kids etc, and I mentioned I was waiting for some pictures, and that is how my cart got full. They said that they usually send their pictures via shutterfly, and then when they get to the store they are ready, so no waiting (and shopping) We would have saved $100 if we had done that LOL.

When I picked up the photos, I saw a little brochure for doing the same thing on Photobucket. I am wondering if any of you have done this, and are the pictures just as good quality as if you take them there yourself? We have a high resolution camera, and I think photobucket alters the files to make them smaller, so I am wondering if the resolution is the same. Anyone know? I'm sure I could ask at Target the next time I go, but I like to hear from people who have experienced it without the bias of working there. I really liked the quality of the photos that we got. In fact, I am postponing the purchase of a new photo printer because I liked the way they turned out.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I haven't dealt with photobucket prints. I usually use shutterfly too.
January 12th, 2009, 12:03 AM
do the shutterfly prints usually turn out as if you had taken the files in yourself?

Click the blinkies!

January 12th, 2009, 04:25 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just go to Target.com, follow the photo link and choose which photo hosting site you want to use. I use Kodak Gallery, but I think they do a couple others. I send them online before I leave and usually by the time I get there, my pictures are ready. The quality is great, too. I use the site that is affiliated with my camera and the pics print out so nice. Oh and even though they are ready by the time I get there, I tend to spend a fortune!

Oh and I haven't printed pics at home in years! It's so much cheaper to do it at Target. A lot of times you will get coupons for free prints. I think I paid $0.23 for 40 prints this weekend!

January 12th, 2009, 04:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
OK, so I just checked and I haven't actually bought prints from shutterfly but I will soon because they print 12x12 pages.

I have used, Snapfish, York, and Kodak. Of those, I like York and Kodak best. They look as if you took a roll of film for developing.
January 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I have my own photo printer that my DH got me a few Christmas's ago....which I love! But I've used nearly all online photo printing places. They usually offer free prints to new "members" so why not try them all!

Every now and then, if I want a large photo printed (my priniter only goes as large as 9x12) I prefer Shutterfly.

January 12th, 2009, 10:22 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I've only printed from home since getting digital camera

January 12th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Quote:
I've only printed from home since getting digital camera [/b]
That is how I was. My dad had a professional photo printer that made really nice prints. I liked being able to choose exactly what size I wanted the picture and crop it right on the computer that I will print them from. Now we've moved away and I don't have the nice printer (or any printer) anymore. Target actually has a wide selection of sizes, and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to crop the old-fashioned way LOL I couldn't believe how cheap they were! I think much cheaper than replacing ink and paper.

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search