Craft Nite

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Tonight was to be the first monthly craft night for me and my girlfriends...however...the number is dwindling down.

We will still be scrapping but one of my friend's mother is in ICU right now so she's opted out. (if any of you ladies pray, pray for her and her family. She had a cancerous tumor on her brain removed before the holidays and now she's battling clots in her lungs) It's just me and another friend who are definitly in...my sis may stop in...I don't know...guess I'm a bit bummed. I was hoping for at least 4 of us.

But...since I always try to look on the bright side I'm looking at it as a trial run of my set up in our basement. (I'll snap soem pics later and post the to show you all)

The lighting is horrible!!! We have the table space, but not the greatest of lighting. Right now I have my old kitchen table set up for my personal area but we have a table that DH uses for poker that flips over to be a normal surface so we'll use that as well.

I've got all of my supplies organized and ready to share.

It'll be fun to get the input of my girlfriend as to what other things to get.

January 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Even if it's just a few coming you'll still have so much fun!!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

January 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like fun!! Let us know how it goes.

January 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
jbc0827
It sounds fun! Some of my best times scrapping is when it is just me and my best friend! Too many people and you start chatting and not scrapping!
January 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I find that I get things done when I am with people. Sometimes I get stuck for an idea and someone has one ready to go, or I'll wonder what a page needs and someone else will have the perfect solution. I think I work faster too. At home I work so slowly because I antagonize over every little detail! When there's other people, I think I just focus on having fun and don't worry about all the little details that no one notices anyway (and then I go back later and "fix" them, because *I* know LOL)

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
So, how did it go? I know what you mean about being a bit disappointed. I was too when I had some at my house. But it still is fun when a few show up! I remember one night we ditched the scrapping and went out to DQ instead! LOL!

January 17th, 2009, 06:35 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did it go? It sounds like a ton of fun.

One of my friends and myself want to get together soon to do a scrapbooking day! I can't wait!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

January 17th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
I remember one night we ditched the scrapping and went out to DQ instead! LOL![/b]
Now that is MY kind of scrap night!!!!

I'm curious too! How did it go!?

Click the blinkies!

January 18th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Sorry I didn't post sooner! It's been a busy (and cold!) weekend!

It was just 3 of us. And technically only 2 that scrapped! My sister ran late from work so rather than stop at home to grab her stuff she came right over. She ended up helping us with ideas for our pages though.

I got a few pages done actually. I'll snap some pics and come back later to post them.

We hope to get together again next month. Maybe a better turn-out then.

And by that time I hope to own the Xyron Sticker maker! The one page I did was a beeotch since I wanted small letters....glue was just not cutting it! Took me too long!!!!

January 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Quote:
The one page I did was a beeotch since I wanted small letters....glue was just not cutting it! Took me too long!!!! [/b]
I like to use tweezers to hold the small letters while I apply glue and lay them down. It gives me more control and my fingers don't get messy!

Glad you had fun!!!

Click the blinkies!

January 18th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Tweezer do the trick .... for now! But I'm thinking I'm still wanting a sticker maker!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search