Printers

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
jbc0827
I know many of you print your own pictures. I am looking at getting a new printer- one that can print pictures. What printer do you have and do you recommend it? Thank you!
January 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I love my printer!!!! It was the best gift my DH could've given me....well that year at least!

Mine is a simple HP Photosmart 8250. I got it just over 2 years ago. It is simple to figure out, simple to install the ink cartridges and more. It can print up to 9x12 and has a seperate 'photo tray' for 4x6. I would recommend using the HP photo paper in it for the best results. I had a pack of cheap paper that I thought I'd use up and the pics were not as good color-wise. They faded fast! Also, I tend to buy the value pack of ink refills which always come with 150 4x6 sheets in it.

It's not a very expensive printer (now) so yes, I highly recommend it.

January 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I have an HP All In One. It'll print from memory cards, slides, negitive and scans. I've had it for a number of years. It's also WiFi so Rich or the kids can print from their computers

January 19th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I have never tried a photo printer for a few years. I had tried them before and was very disappointed. I want a photo printer that will print my photos like the photo lab at Walmart. LOL! Any suggestions?

January 19th, 2009, 05:52 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Quote:
I want a photo printer that will print my photos like the photo lab at Walmart. LOL! Any suggestions?[/b]

I think it really has to do with the paper quality. Once you have a decent printer, it's the paper you use that counts. You can't tell which was printed where when I use good paper in my printer. Since I've been scrapping old pics of Kaylee...many of which we 35mm pics/real film...I've had my DH scan them for me and then I'll print them out to scrap with rather than use the original photo. A few times now I've had to flip the photo over to check which was the one I printed out.

January 19th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Dh Surprised me for my birthday last year and got me the HP Photosmart Pro B8800 series, i love it i can print huge pictures and 12x12 pages, and i can print 3.5 x 5 and 4x6 etc i love it, it also prints borderless if i want it to, it prints really clear and beautiful pictures but i think it was quite pricy

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search