New~Chit chat thread!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I should really organize my paper that way. It would probably make it easier.

On an OT note, my little one Sam went #2 in the potty today for the first time. Can I just say that I came so close to actually taking a pic of him next to the toilet.
January 22nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Quote:
I should really organize my paper that way. It would probably make it easier.

On an OT note, my little one Sam went #2 in the potty today for the first time. Can I just say that I came so close to actually taking a pic of him next to the toilet. [/b]
I have done it

January 22nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hi Ladies! Thought Iíd pop in and try to keep up this round

Glad to hear all of our pg ladies are doing well! I really hope I get to join you all soon anyway, scrapping is my escape so enough of that

And for organizing!! DH pained my room for me over the weekend and I loooove it! I have some more organizing I need to do and then Iíll take pics. I realized I have too much stuff though so I am done for a while. Well, there is one more cricut cart I want and then Iím done . Oh, and maybe a small order for SU! SAB. But then Iím really done!
I want to get finished organizing but I need to finish everything for Cadenís bday party first.

Speaking of which... My baby is going to be 2 on Saturday! Iím still searching for a pause button because things just go by too quickly these days. Weíre having a puppy themed party for him on Sat.

Gina - Congrats to Sam!! And a potty page, while embarrassing in the future to the child, is a big moment

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
jbc0827
Carrie, when you find that pause button, will you please share with all of us! Kenzie will be 3 in March and Melissa turned 12 last December (13 I will be an emotional wreck!!!!)

I know with organizing I have found stuff I didn't know I had but now I found I need more embellishments to go with the stuff I didn't know I had. I want to take a trip to Archivers in NC after I get my taxes back to pick up some things. we don't have one in VA so I have never been.
January 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I want that pause button too.

And why can't I have a Archiver's or Hobby Lobby near me? I only have an AC Moore and Michael's.
January 22nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard of Archiver's, and I don't think we have a hobby lobby here. I do have AC Moore, Michael's and Joann's though.

January 22nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
jbc0827
The JoAnn's we have pretty much has no scrapbooking stuff. Michael's has had the same paper for well over a year now. I did stumble across an ACMoore but it is 45 min away. We do not have a Hobby Lobby here.
January 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, sometimes I wish we didn't have a hobby lobby!! I can actually walk to ours it is so close to our house! GREAT for scrapbooking...BAAAADDD for my wallet!!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
January 23rd, 2009, 03:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
~Note to self - When looking for next house make sure scrapbooking store is within walking distance
January 23rd, 2009, 03:55 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
WHAT!?!?! You don't have Kraft Dinner in the States?!!?!!! I am pretty sure that I have seen it in Maine, but that's a border State. It's like mac and cheese in a box.

I am working today, yay! We have been potty training Aiden and it is going well. Hubby is home helping. Although right now he is sleeping since he was up til 4 with the kids. WOW! Thankfully he let me sleep and I don't have to work til 1:00 so that is okay.

January 23rd, 2009, 05:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ha Ha Ha. So all this talk about Kraft Dinner vs Kraft Mac n' Cheese I started to look it up. It is the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Courtesy of Wikipedia
The product was originally marketed as Kraft Dinner, but is now known in the United States and other countries as Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (Dinner). In the United Kingdom, it is marketed as Cheesey Pasta, while in Canada, it has retained its original name of Kraft Dinner (and nickname KD). The product is also heavily promoted toward children in the United States on television with the promotional name Kraft Cheese & Macaroni. When advertising to younger children, the television advert encourages the children to ask for The Blue Box.
January 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good Ol Mac and Cheese!

Hey I thought of my 3rd question I meant to ask in my ? thread...figured I can ask it here.

How do you all come up with quotes/titles for your pages? I figure I can google things, but didn't know if there was a good site or something? Or if everyone is just more creative than me (very possible!)

January 23rd, 2009, 06:26 AM
jbc0827
For titles I can usually come up with something that goes with the pics. There was one I did of Kenzie stealing Melissa's apple from her. I called it Apple Thief. Yeah, real imaginitive. LOL

For quotes there is a thread on here somewhere about websites that have great quotes. Also when you go to a scrapbook store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, LSS, etc.) there should be stickers or rubons that have quotes. I look at those to get ideas.
January 23rd, 2009, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just started a new thread with helpful links! You should be able to find lots of titles and quotes there! Any chance we could get that post stickied so it doesn't keep getting lost?

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
January 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
We have a Joann, Michaels, and hobby lobby all within a 10 min drive. Its been a while since Iíve been to hobby lobby though - I need to go!! We also have an adorable LSS within a 3 min drive - its been a while since Iíve been there, too.. Hmm... Its been forever since Iíve been to Archiverís though - I might need to plan a trip. We have 1 about 30 min away.

I agree with the Michaels comments - they need to work on their inventory. I saw on another board they might be having some financial issues, too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
January 23rd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for all the links in the other thread. You guys are so helpful.

January 23rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
OMG Zach just took a bite out of my leg, oh what horrible pain! Broke the skin(through my pants) and has a bruise around it, I can see a scrapbook page with a shark on it.

Hey if anybody does find that pause button pass it to me! My Alex is turning 19 in March and Nick is graduating in June.

Well ladies I thought I was going to be off to the hospital last night after having contraction between 10 & 2 minutes apart from 11 pm to after 3am. I fell asleep and that was the end. It has to be very soon now. I will try and check in each morning so if I go MIA you'll know he's on his way or I post it's time lol.

January 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
jbc0827
Michelle, I keep checking on here to see if you have gone into labor. LOL@ you see a scrap page out of Zach biting you!!!!

I went and found some new LSS and I am hping to check them out soon.

January 24th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Phew, glad to hear you have KD. It is a staple. LOL!

I think we are going to have pizza for dinner tonight. My sweet baby Aiden is sick, poor guy. And I am mean and am still making him go to the potty since we are potty training.

All my scrapbook stuff is at work for a crop we are having tomorrow and it is so strange to have it not here. I want to make a card but can't!

January 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Michelle i am so excited you are so close to having Cody, i can't wait to see his pics, i need to work out a new paper system

way to go Sam

Hi Carrie, i can't wait to see pics of you scrapbook space. I need one of those pause buttons to,Ryland turned 4 yesterday and Tristan is 14 months, they really do grow so fast and now, Ryland is walking around saying "i think on my next birthday i will be 5"
all we have here is Michaels and Wal mart for big chain stores, oh and i guess Costco

I'm horrible with titles, but sometimes every now and then i get a brainwave when i see a certain picture. Most of my pages don't have a title

I'm not surprised about Michaels having money issues, did you know that all the custom frame orders for both Canada and us go to the same place for manufacturing? and they are so overpriced, they are trying to sell the expression for 499& that's insanely high, Walmart sells it for just under 300.

Oh and we just found out that our RRSP lost over 1000$ when the markets were hit, thank god we had taken most of it out when we bought our house at the end of August, otherwise it would have been 3000 we would have lost

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search