I'm back!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hello everyone! its been a while since ive checked in on yall.....ive been super busy. my husband just got back from Iraq after a 15 month deployment and we moved from louisiana to kansas. but, despite all that ive been getting alot of pages done (which i will post later). Also, I am starting my own scrapbooking business where i make scrapbooks for other women. so far i have three clients that im waiting on pictures from. im very excited to get started on this!!

has anyone ever tried selling scrapbooks? how much did you charge and any tips?

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">[/url][/url</MARQUEE>
January 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Welcome back, your siggy is so cute,Elijah is getting so big. I'm so happy your DH is home with you now. Congrats on the new business, i'm not sure what i would charge, you could look on Ebay to see what other people charge, i know alot of ladies sell pre-made pages, i've never charged anyone for my albums yet but am thinking of doing that for some baby albums. Good luck

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
jbc0827
[welcome back! I am so glad your dh is home! Elijah is getting so big!

I would make sure you charge enough to cover your costs for materials and something per hour you work. I think Chandra has charged for an album and I think there may have been or two other girls on here that have done it too. Good luck with your new business!
January 25th, 2009, 10:53 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
back!!!!

So glad DH got home safe! Was he transferred to Kansas? My brother was there until his last tour and is now at Tenn. Hope your new venture goes great!!!

January 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Hun!
Glad to see you back! I am so glad your DH is home safe. Good luck with your business!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

January 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
We have made scrapbooks for other people via the store and charged $5 a page. IT WAS NOT ENOUGH to cover the supplies let alone the work. I think chargeing $8-10 per page is more like it.

January 27th, 2009, 05:16 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I am new to the board, so I'm not sure if I remember you or not. It's so good to see different people here!! Chanda did some pages for me and she charged me $9 for a single page and $8 for a two page layout. She put all the stuff together and I added my own pics. I have since started doing my own pages, but I go back to hers all the time for reference.

January 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
over here, NO ONE could afford 8 doller a layout. ( i know someone who charges 5 dollers a layout and no one goes to her) ive decided to charge a flat rate and really bargain shop for supplies and use the leftover supplies i have from my sons album. im going to charge 50 dollers for a small album and 75 for a large 12x12. im not really looking to make money, just to have something to do and make art for people.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">[/url][/url</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search