Need some serious motivation

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I scrapped a few pages, and then put everything away, and now I'm having a hard time getting up the energy to get it all out again. Any ideas on how to get motivated????

January 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought a cricut LOL I wouldn't advise it though

I enjoy looking at galleries of layouts...some are very inspiring and make me want to try to make something similar.

January 26th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Oh, I have a cricut already! lol. I just want more cartridges, but that's a purchase that can wait a while.

I should do that. I started looking through the galleries....and then had to go do something else....

January 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Oh, I have a cricut already! lol. I just want more cartridges, but that's a purchase that can wait a while.

I should do that. I started looking through the galleries....and then had to go do something else....[/b]
haha! You're not even motivated to LOOK

January 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
you know what gets me motivated: looking at the pages ive already done. i see things that i liked and what i would like to do differently next time and it makes me wanna scrap some more!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">[/url][/url</MARQUEE>
January 27th, 2009, 05:10 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't put most of my stuff away. As we speak, my dining room table is covered with stuff. I need to get going though since I have a lot to do. I find the online crops really help get me going, as do the challenges in the subforum. I like to go back and do the old challenges.

January 27th, 2009, 07:55 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get out my pictures and then go online and start looking for ideas. Then I make a trip to Hobby Lobby and get some new paper to go with my ideas. That always helps me out!

Good Luck!!!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

January 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I find crops help me out. I also like being part of a scrapbooking message board as that really helps motivate me. Perhaps you should look through your photos and find that perfect one that you just need to scrap right away. That might get you in the mood.
January 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Quote:
I don't put most of my stuff away. As we speak, my dining room table is covered with stuff. I need to get going though since I have a lot to do. I find the online crops really help get me going, as do the challenges in the subforum. I like to go back and do the old challenges.[/b]
Yeah, I put it away so we could have dinner, because it was on our table too. I went through the challenges and it didn't help.

Quote:
I find crops help me out. I also like being part of a scrapbooking message board as that really helps motivate me. Perhaps you should look through your photos and find that perfect one that you just need to scrap right away. That might get you in the mood.[/b]
I've been thinking I just need to do that...pull out my pictures. *sigh*

January 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
What has really motivated me is knowing that once Cody gets here I will have a ton of pics that will need to be scrapped. I don't like being behind 6 months, a year or even a week when it comes to getting pages done. I don't like leaving things undone and needing to go back and finish lol. I'm just lazy like that, I like to b done and have time to relax until the next photo op

January 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
What has really motivated me is knowing that once Cody gets here I will have a ton of pics that will need to be scrapped. I don't like being behind 6 months, a year or even a week when it comes to getting pages done. I don't like leaving things undone and needing to go back and finish lol. I'm just lazy like that, I like to b done and have time to relax until the next photo op [/b]

Well, Erin's almost 20 months old and I have scrapped up to when she was 4 months...lol. So, I'm terminally behind I think. I have up until Easter of 2008 printed out. I just need to get started again.

January 28th, 2009, 10:21 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Be like Nike (back in the day) and JUST DO IT!!!!

You can't be as behind as me. My oldest is 7 and I haven't even finished her 1st year album yet!

Good luck and I hope you get the energy to get back into things again.

January 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
So, I'm just about to pull things out. I moved my little card table and got shooting ligament pains, so this may take me a while! lol!

January 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Wifey2Jordan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had the answer, but i'm right there with ya. I keep all my stuff out in my office, and I STILL can't get motivated to do anything. I have been telling myself for 2 weeks i'm going to scrap after Carter goes to bed.....and I still haven't done a thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search