Hi! I'm Cindy

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I seriously have a problem.

Last Friday I treated myself to the Xyron 5" creation station and a refill for it. Refill was on sale at Michael's for 40% off and I had a 40% off coupon for the machine itself.

Well...when I bought that they gave me yet another coupon for 40% which was to expire yesterday.

Then on Tuesday...after my daughter's ENT appointment...she and I stopped by ACMoore. We only bought some stickers (another problem I seem to have!) and a scrapbook and they ended up giving me a coupon for 50% off a regular priced item...to expire 1/31/09 - yesterday.

So....I cannot let a coupon go to waste, right? Well...yesterday we travele one direction to ACMoore where I used my 50% off coupon for a Xyron pack that had the 2inch sticker maker, photo tape, refills and the runner in it! And a laminate cartridge for the Creation Station.

Then....we headed the other way to our Michaels where I used my 40% off coupon to buy a scrapbook organizer bin thing...and....another adhesive refill for my Xyron. Did I need it? No...not yet at least. But I could only use the coupon on a regular priced item. Couldn't waste it!!!

And now...I'm excited to buy a new cartridge for my Cricut along with some more mats and possible the inks for it!

I really have a problem. I can't stop buying things!!!! I'm glad my DH hasn't had an issue with it yet...

February 1st, 2009, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel like I'm going to start getting that way too! I should stay away from you!

So tell me about the Xyron....didn't you tell me you could make stickers from the cricut letters? How do you do that? I ask because when I cut out 1" stickers, I hate adhering them to the paper!

February 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM
jbc0827
I feel the same way about the coupons! You can't just waste a good coupon (especially the 50% off one!!!).
February 1st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
That 50% off coupon can be evil sometimes!! Refills are a great way to use them though

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Quote:
I feel like I'm going to start getting that way too! I should stay away from you!

So tell me about the Xyron....didn't you tell me you could make stickers from the cricut letters? How do you do that? I ask because when I cut out 1" stickers, I hate adhering them to the paper! [/b]

I LOVE making the letters into stickers!!! I originally bought 5" machine for it...but now that I also have the 1.5"size one...I use that more for my letters. I pretty much avoided making anything that wasn't 2" before then since ahering them was a total pain!

The small one (looks like an X) is under $10 and sooo worth it!

February 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I LOVE making the letters into stickers!!! I originally bought 5" machine for it...but now that I also have the 1.5"size one...I use that more for my letters. I pretty much avoided making anything that wasn't 2" before then since ahering them was a total pain!

The small one (looks like an X) is under $10 and sooo worth it![/b]
I know! Some layouts really need smaller letters, but the 1.5" size are a pain. So you're telling me there is a machine for $10 that will make them into stickers? I'm buying one tomorrow. And I'm going to look online at how they work now!

February 1st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow. I'm glad I found out about this now rather than later! I saw the $10 X machine...I'm totally getting one tomorrow. Thanks!

February 2nd, 2009, 05:34 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha, Cindy. I live through you ladies that have one and am jealous! Maybe one of these days. I have two 50% off coupons for Michaels, so I will have to make two trips this week.

February 2nd, 2009, 05:46 AM
The small X one is really handy! I fly through pages now that I use it for my letters. I know that Walmart also had it (at least the Walmart by me).

February 2nd, 2009, 06:55 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Oh I don't like to waste coupons either If I can't get something scrappy then Kimber usually get some kind of drawing supplies or I get cake decore stuff. I can always find something to get that I just need.

Yesterday I got a Wilson ball cake pan for Darian's Death Star cake. Then Kimber and I came upon Wall-E cake decore perfect for Wesley's b-day!!!!

February 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
I currently have two coupons for 40% off at Michaels. Guess I'll have to go 2 times this week!

February 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
You know what? You only live once, you may as well enjoy it! Hehehe!

February 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL!!! That is just too funny!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

February 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
HA! And I just got an email from Michael's that has a 20% off coupon!!!! Three times might be a bit much...unless I wear a disguise

February 2nd, 2009, 12:13 PM
jbc0827
I haven't gotten that one yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search