Newbie here

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just returned from the craft store and am wanting to start a scrapbook/baby book for my son who is due in May. I bought some stuff - the books, a cutter with templates and a mat, some stickers and a few pages of paper. I went to a used book store and bought a book on scrapbooking. I do not know where to go from here. I know I want to make an expecting baby page and get a few pages started (firsts, sonagram page, etc.) Any tips on how to get started? Any websites you use? Thanks so much!!!

<div align="center"></div>

January 28th, 2006, 08:19 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For paper scrapping i think the magazines are the best and so full of ideas and if this is something you are going to continue getting a subscription to one is the best idea!!! Hundreds of ideas...

As you go you will totally get a creativity streak in you and pages will come to your head like nothing!!!

Welcome!!!!! BTW - I am Nicki and I have been paper scrapping for 10 years but I am so behind. I have two little ones and still very very behind. I take more pics then I can scrap!
January 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
: )
Hey welcome to the board!
There is a thread with some links but most of them are for digi scrapbooking however they might be of help and offer up some ideas!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
January 30th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!

A lot of sites will have a showcase section where they will display different layouts and page ideas. If you see a technique that you like, you can usually google for a tutorial, or just ask someone who works at the scrapbooking store. A lot of times the stores will offer classes too.

Click here to go to the sample gallery at craftysecrets.com.

Good luck and have fun!
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
January 30th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies. I can not wait to get started. I am looking forward to my new hobby.

<div align="center"></div>

January 31st, 2006, 07:54 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
: )
Trust me its lots of fun esp when you have free time!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
January 31st, 2006, 10:49 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
yea it is a lotta fun...I am just like u Nicki I have more pics then I can scrapbook I am hoping to do some of there baby pics I have 3 kids and I just started scraping.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search