Xyron

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I was in my favorite store, Joanns, this evening and there is a 40% off sale on most of the scrapbooking products. I was looking mostly at the Xyron stuff tonight and I just don't know what to think of everything I saw. I'm pretty sure I don't need the really big one and I'm not sure if I can really justify the 510. I don't think I will be cutting letters bigger than 2.5 inches for my scrapbooks, so would the larger X one be enough? Does anyone have the 500 or 510 and if so, what is better about them? They are on sale through March 7, so I have some time to decide.

February 28th, 2009, 06:07 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I do have the 510...and I love it! But I will admit - I use the 2inch X one the most since I don't like to 'waste' the adhesive in the 510.

As soon as I cut my letters on my Cricut -and they are under 2.5 inches, as I take them off the mat, I place them through the Xyron X so they don't get lost in the mess on my table. It saves me a lot of time.

I love that it's not a mess and the letters will lay flat. I tend to get some warping from glueing things.

When I made an 8x8 scrapbook (one of the $1.99 ones from ACMoore, no page protectors in it) for my DH's Nana...I used the 510 to run almost all of the pics and what nots through so the album layed nice and flat.

If you can get one (or both) on sale...I'd do it!

February 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got the 2.5" one recently. My intent was to get the 1.5" one just for small letters, but having the 40% off coupon, it was only going to be $6 more and I love not having to try to glue small letters. I only fairly recently got a cricut, and some of the letters are much thinner than I expected.

March 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I have the 150 and it's perfect for the size letters I use

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search