photos? Please help!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What is the best and easiest way to get pics different sizes? Where I get my pics developed only offer the normal sizes. I really want some 3x3's, 5x5's, and so on. I can't figure out the best way to do it. I use adobe photoshop 6.0

What sizes do you use the most of?
Thank you Mistyx5 for my siggy.

April 12th, 2009, 06:06 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mostly get 4x6, 5x7 and wallets (& crop as needed). Occasionally I will print from home if I want a really specific size.
If you're printing at home, simply resize your pics in photoshop then print.
For hard to find sizes if not printing at home I love the quality from scrapbookpictures.com
plus they're really reasonable prices.

- Sherry
Medical Assistant and freelance photographer
mom to:
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

April 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually just do 4x6 and trim them to the size I want. I want to try some wallets where I get mine printed, but I think they all have to be the same image. I don't have photoshop, but I wish I did.

April 12th, 2009, 09:31 PM
BentleysMommy's Avatar Member
I have an HP Photo center and I love it - it prints everything from 3 x 2 to smaller - and all the way up to 5 x 7. I love it. It cost me about $180 and since I have bought it I believe I have really saved money for two reasons...

1) I only print the pictures I want instead of getting tons printed and never using 3/4 of them.
2) I have never cut a 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 again because it allows me to crop up my pictures. I always have my entire picture filled with the image I want. And it's the entire size I chose.

I love mine!!
April 13th, 2009, 06:03 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I nomally will use 4 x6 and crop down. For a lot of pics I'll do wallet size like the ones I took for Easter.

I usually won't go bigger than 5 x 7 for scrapbooking just because the 8 x 11 photo paper is to smooth to run in my printer, no more Kirkland paper for me

April 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I print as I go and use photoshop to print the sizes I need. Although scrapbookpictures.com can print any size pics you want, and they also have some editing options. The only problem there is you kind of have to plan your pages ahead of time so you pre-plan the size pics you need. I used them for the pics for the last acyrlic album I did and they got here very fast and I was real happy with the quality of the paper.

The blinky is clickable!!
April 13th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I mostly get the 4x6 but I develop my pictures at Walmart. Apparently their do it yourself kiosks allow you to do smaller sizes. I usually use thier online ordering so I only ever get 4x6 or larger. But those smaller sizes could come in handy when using multiple pictures!!

April 13th, 2009, 01:10 PM
gavinsmommy9-19-06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you can add borders to your pics and them crop them off. i do that at wlagreens online. it doesnt cost anymore but the pic comes out smaller but the overall print will still be 4x6. does that make sense?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search