Vellum help and where do I start?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Meegan
OK I have two issues I need help with. First off, VELLUM. It's kinda my nemesis. I don't know what to do with it! I have alot of Vellum quotes and baby stuff, but I don't know where to put it on my page. What do you guys do with yours?
Second issue is my organization. I am SO behind, like over a YEAR behind on Christian's album and I haven't even STARTED Gabriel's album. So do I just start on those albums and stay behind, or do I scrap current stuff and just fill in with the overdue stuff?
April 22nd, 2009, 07:59 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used vellum as a quote in an album, but I used the wrong adhesive and it looks terrible. If I get a chance after work, I have a scrapbooking encyclopedia that lists ways to use it. I swear I saw something on another forum, but I can't look right now. Here's a site that shows how you can use it, but depends on how you have it:

Vellum - Scrapbooks

I think what you are have are the pre-printed things and want to put them on the page. The best way to use those is to look at what is printed on it and try to see if it fits the theme of your page. Best way to adhere it is with spray adhesive or using brads/eyelets.

As for order with pages, do what inspires you. For me, I went back and did all Xavier's old stuff last summer and then worked on catching up. Put your pictures in order or theme and do what feels best to you for order. What I am doing now is working on the most recent stuff and then going back to the much older stuff, like early 2000's and before. It seems that stuff is newest in my memory and it's more interesting.

April 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
as for vellum, I can't give much advice..I don't use it much

as for organizing, I have my pictures sorted by age and theme for each of my children and work on the old stuff from time to time and work on the newer stuff from time to time..what ever I feel at the time...but I must honestly say I am extremely behind and have taken a break from scrapbooking over the past year and am just now starting to do a page here and there again.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 22nd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Somebody else had questions about vellum a few weeks ago, so here is the link to her post. I posted a few of my pages that I used vellum in to show her and others gave some great ideas!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-new-here.html (hi. new here)

As for where to start as far as scrapping and catching up, I went through ALL my pictures that I knew I wanted to scrap eventually. Old and new. Then I organized them by album cuz I had pictures for several different scrapbooks cuz I don't put everything in one. Then I go to each album and the different pages I want to do and write them down and organize the pictures by page. I use those little half ziplock bags cuz they fit the pictures perfectly. For example, I just developed 100 pictures of my little girl. So I went through them and ended up with a ton of pages-her first baseball game, her first Easter, first time going to church, sleeping with her daddy, etc. I'm a major list maker, so I make lists of all the pages I have to do and then just pick and choose depending on my mood! Did ANY of that make sense?? haha..sorry! I hope I helped instead of confusing you!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
April 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Meegan
Thanks for the great advice ladies! Valeri I'm going to try your idea of sorting each page into ziplocks, that should organize me a bit better. I have everything in piles and no ryhme or reason to it, it's overwhelming me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search