Where do you get your stuff from?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Meegan
Where do you get your supplies? I have a Joanne's close by, but they don't have a large selection at all. I'm wondering if ordering from online would be more cost efficient.

Last edited by Meegan; April 23rd, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
April 22nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get most of my stuff at Joanne Fabrics and Michaels is also a really good place. I get coupons for both places by signing up online. Joann.com is a good place to go and you can almost always find coupons for free shipping. Joann Fabrics usually has really good sales and you can get a decent amount of stuff there. I actually just got a new cutter from Overstock.com. I have heard others mention places like Hobby Lobby and AC Moore, but I don't have either of those around here. You can also check places like Target, Walmart and even the Dollar Store and Big Lots. I've never been to the Big Lots here. Sometimes I'll just wander the aisles in stores that have nothing to do with scrapbooking and find things that will work. Oh, you can also try to see if you can find either a Creative Memories or Close to Home sales rep near you to get stuff. Some of thiers is a little pricy, but the quality is pretty good.

April 22nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have bought things from Joann's, Micheals, stamp sites online and ebay. I usually look for sales and use coupons

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 22nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I shop mainly at hobby lobby because it's less than a mile from my house! I don't know if you have checked the dollar tree, but you would be surprised how much you can find there! I got some really neat ribbon with adhesive already on it and tons of paper and stickers. I have never ordered anything online except cricut cartridges cuz they are usually cheaper online.

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
April 22nd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Meegan
Thanks ladies. Joanne's has barely one aisle for scrapbooking stuff here, it's a really small store. I used to live by a Michael's in Mississippi and they had TONS of stuff, but I don't have one of those here. There USED to be a scrapbooking store but it shut down, that was a great place. I do get stuff at Big Lots too but they don't replenish inventory too often. Have to check out online deals...
April 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Ebay is a great place to find scrapbooking goodies(as long as the shipping isn't outragous)

April 23rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have a ton of stuff from a scrapbooking kit club. If you can swing the montly fees it is a great way to get the lastest and greatest and a huge stock of great paper. Especially useful if you don't have a lot of scrapbooking stores near you.

As for me I have 5 local scrapbooking stores near me, although one is closing it's doors soon. But with that said (and Michelle I have been meaning to tell you, this will be right across from Lakeside Mall right down the street from Archivers) there will be a new Hobby Lobby, which totally rocks! The only time I get to go is if I make special trips since there are none around me.

The blinky is clickable!!
April 23rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have tons of stuff around here, and I buy from everywhere. Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Joann's, Michaels, and a local scrap store. I don't buy much online. Except I just recently ordered Lyrical Letters cricut cart.

April 23rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At this point I have so much stuff I don't know what to do with it all! LOL I haven't bought anything in a long time (except for any mini albums I've done).
That being said, locally I've gotten stuff at Michael's & once in a blue moon, Big Lots. Our JoAnne's is great for everything else but I'm not thrilled with the sb section.
I WISH we had a Hobby Lobby. My mom (in Ohio) has one by her and I go there once or twice a year when we visit.

Mostly if I need stuff for projects/mini albums, I will order online from scrapbook.com or 2peas. Those are my main "go to" places. I also like Croppin Paradise and Scrap Your Trip is great for sports/travel as well as other stuff.
And being on the design team for Scrapbook Obsessions I get their monthly kit for free (as long as I'm on the team, lol). Kits are a nice way to get new things & product you may not have locally around you and you may find that you love new techniques/products you wouldn't have bought but will learn to use & come to love :-)
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

April 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
*AdamsWifey*'s Avatar Veteran
I use Michael's for most of my purchases. But, I've also gotten into the habit of trying to find scrapbooking layouts, etc when I go to different places. Such as, when me and the hubby went to Gettysburg last year, I found a little scrapbook store there. It was super cheap, and had tons of stuff regarding Gettysburg, PA, etc. So, I had fun stuff to go with the pics I had taken on that particular trip !

Wifey to Adam

[IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/A****Chelsea/june.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/A****Chelsea/iamachildofgodblinkie.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/A****Chelsea/final172258001240709033.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/A****Chelsea/marine2.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/A****Chelsea/hapmarried.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu43/A****Chelsea/BLscrapbooking3.gif[/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search