New person checking in

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started lurking on this section and I was wondering, either by PM or replying to this post, could someone tell me where I would start if I'm interested in scrapbooking?

I have no previous experience at all.

Thanks and sorry if this isn't the section I'm supposed to ask at.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

April 24th, 2009, 05:52 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the board..

the advice I would offer is to NOT go out and buy a bunch of stuff right off...start small to see what kind of things you actually like incorporating into your page and then you can stock up after that.

You will need the basics such as a paper trimmer, adhesive, and paper. You can find these items at most craft stores in their scrapbooking section of even in the craft section at Walmart.

We are having a crop here on the board this weekend starting today. This would be a great oportunity for you to get some ideas from.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wefrogy View Post
Hi and welcome to the board..

the advice I would offer is to NOT go out and buy a bunch of stuff right off...start small to see what kind of things you actually like incorporating into your page and then you can stock up after that.

You will need the basics such as a paper trimmer, adhesive, and paper. You can find these items at most craft stores in their scrapbooking section of even in the craft section at Walmart.

We are having a crop here on the board this weekend starting today. This would be a great oportunity for you to get some ideas from.

and welcome

April 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Feel free to post ANY questions you have on here, there is not a specific section you need to worry about for that! My advice for starting out would be to first get an album and your pictures! Decide if you are going to just have one big family album, or if you want to have separate albums for each kid, different events, etc! Then, I would take a look through the gallery section on here, and save pictures of pages that you really like and want to try. (Or do the crop challenges with us!) Of course you can just come up with your own layouts, but it was much easier for me to try and mimic pages when I was first starting out! (I still scraplift like crazy and I've been scrapping for years! LOL!) I agree with Michelle about not buying a bunch of supplies right away! I would make a list of the few pages you want to try and just get the supplies you need for them. That would be maybe a few pieces of decorative paper, some adhesive, scissors, specific stickers, etc. Don't waste too much money until you know you like it and become addicted like the rest of us... Ask any questions you have, the ladies here are great and always love to help new scrappers!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
April 25th, 2009, 07:40 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with PP. The hardest part for me (and the part that ultimately gave me the most inspiration) is to decide what you are doing.

Are you making a family album, or multiple (one for each child to have when they are older)? Are you making baby books? Ir just something for you to enjoy? That will really help when picking out what stickers/embellishements you need too (ITA with pp in buying only what you need until you're sure you're hooked).

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
April 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Here is a great link listing the things that every new scrapper needs!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...scrappers.html (Important Must Have Items for new scrappers!)

I agree with what everyone else said. Start small!! HAVE FUN!

May 1st, 2009, 04:02 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome! Thanks ladies, sorry for the late reply, I forgot I had asked this question LOL .....I blame pregnancy brain!!

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search