TOTALLY off topic...

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just curious how many of you ladies exercise on a regular basis and if you have any tips for getting back in shape after a baby? I'll be very honest here and say that I have been having a hard time lately. I am so unhappy and just ashamed by the way I look these days! My mom keeps telling me it's completely normal for a woman who just had a baby 6 months ago to feel this way, but it doesn't make me feel any better. The truth is, I was unhappy with my weight BEFORE I got pregnant, and now things are just worse. I am only 23. I should love the way I look at this age, right?? The weird thing is, I actually weigh 15 pounds less than I weighed before I got pregnant. I have completely lost all the baby weight, plus 15 more pounds, but I don't look any better. I should mention I'm only 5'3", so even 5 extra pounds on me shows BIG time!

I know this is so random and I'm sorry to whine on here!! I was just thinking about it this morning as I looked through my scrap stuff because I never include myself in our scrapbooks because I'm too ashamed to be in pictures. I hate this!! I ended up having to have an emergency C-section, so now I am 23 years old and just have the lovely belly "flap." I'm not complaining about having a baby by ANY means! If someone told me I had to gain 100 pounds to have my daughter, I'd do it in a heartbeat. This just isn't any fun hating the way I look, especially when DH and I plan to have several more kiddos. Both of our parents have pools and I've only gone swimming twice the entire summer because I'm too embarrassed to wear a bathing suit. Do any of you have any suggestions for what has helped you lose and tone up? I can't really afford to join a gym right now, but I have been walking in the neighborhood. Has anyone had a c-section and been able to get rid of the belly completely? I would love to lose about 30 pounds and really feel good for the new year, I just feel like it's hopeless!!!!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
September 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2008 was my year where I finally committed to making that change. I lost 30 pounds and felt so much better. The weight loss really ended up only being the changes on the outside, but what truly counted was the changes on the inside. Believe me, you will be a better mother, wife, and person in the end. But the most important advice I can give you is if you are are going to suceed you need to know 100% in your heart that you are worth the time and effort. You are going to need to take time out for yourself to workout, time that will probally make you feel guilty, but you need to do it.

As for working out...what I did is everthing was baby steps for me. First I did Weight watchers for 2 weeks just to make sure that I could stick to a diet. Then I slowly added cardio. 1st starting at 15 minutes then adding 5 minutes on each week. Finally getting up to 40 minutes. I stayed at the 40 minutes each day until I lost the majority of my weight, then I backed down to 20 minutes a day. Also about the time I got up to 30 minutes of cardio I added a strength training program. Focusing each day on a different area in your body (because you muscles need to relax a day in between). Remember you want to be working your muslces to fatigue. As for the cardio part you need to be able to hold a conversation (even though you might not want to). I lost the 30 pounds probally in 4 months, but it was a committed 4 months. I dieted (and now I don't even eat bad, or buy bad stuff..I automatically reach for the better choices) I used an ellipitical machine, turbo jam, than another DVD to work on my legs. I can't run for the life of me...in fact I have runner envy. My chest goes into this huge protest mode and screams if you continue running I am going to collapse and quit taking in anymore air...and well the lungs won that fight. So I found other workouts.

I did everything from home because 1) I couldn't afford a gym, and 2) I already had time management problems, throw in a drive to and from the gym and it just wasn't worth it.

Some great systems is Turbo Jam..it is a high impact aerobic DVD. You can get them pretty cheap on ebay. Start with the 20 minute one at first. Also anytime you walk. You are going to get more calorie burn by doing an interval type workout. Meaning start at a walk for 2 minutes, go to a fast pace walk for another 2 minutes, then run for 2 minutes..and than back to a walk. Turbo Jam DVD also has a Ab workout that is pretty fun and a strenght training workout that just uses free hand weights that you can pick up pretty reasonable.

Just remember start out slow, don't give up. If you had a bad day, than that is just fine. Everyone does. Besides it will give you the courage to know that recovery is possible, that throwing in the towel over a couple bad days is just crazy. Just think about all the hard work you put into it.

One thing that I have had to accept is even though I am back to my wedding weight, my body doesn't look the same and never will. I've just comes to terms that it is more dedicated to the laws of gravity than my will to fit into my skinny jeans. But I do feel and look much better. And the pride you will have within yourself is the greatest reward.

best of luck and PM me with any questions you might have. The bad news is I've gained back 8 pounds of my weight, and so the hubby and I are on the diet and working out the Tuesday after labor day, with one scheduled cheat weekend which is his 40th Bday. So I'll be going through everything too.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I am in almost the same baot as you Sweetie

I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight but have this belly that no matter what I do I can't get rid of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search