Want to start Scrapbooking

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I want to start scrapbooking starting with our honeymoon pictures. What tips would you have to someone new to scrapbooking? Where do you get deals?

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

September 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty new here too I love Hobby lobby. If you watch their paper you can get a lot of it on 50% off or more... also ebay... my neighbor sells some reallyn ice scrapping stuff on there and it's so cheap (she also buy A LOT and gets some great deals)

Figure out what you want to do then buy what you need. I did the opposite... I am scrapping our family and bought some army stuff cause DH is military... now i'm finding it hard touse (even in his Army scrapbook). It's kinda a waste of money if you never figure out what to do with it.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; September 7th, 2009 at 07:01 PM.
September 8th, 2009, 05:10 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Check out our sticky up top: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...scrappers.html (Important Must Have Items for new scrappers!) - that has a lot of helpful info to get you started! I don't have a Hobby Lobby close by here, but get most of my stuff at JoAnn's, Michael's, and AC Moore. Target & Walmart are also starting to carry some scrapping stuff. It's easy to get overwhelmed, so I do advise taking your pics with you and only buying the paper & embellishments you need. After you get started & complete a few pages, you'll learn what you like/dislike to use and it'll be much easier. It is so easy to go overboard, you should see my paper collection . Good luck & I look forward to seeing your pages!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 8th, 2009, 06:56 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First welcome to the board!!! We are having an on-line crop the weekend of the 18th and would love to have you!!! Basically it is just 6 post with ideas to get your creative thinking a boost of energy. (like we might have a sketch, or say use these colors..ect).

The gals here have some great advice here. Probally the best piece of advice I can give, don't go buying your stuff blindly. Have a game plan, pictures in hand, if you have a patterned piece of paper at home that you are using that you want to use, bring that with you and get matching things from there. I still 3 years later have stuff I bought when I got started that I haven't used. Lots of stickers and patterned papers. As you grow as a scrapbooker, then you will for sure have things that you'll want to get, but at least you'll have a better idea of if you are going to use it.

For sure check out the link Becky gave too for the basics. Paper trimmer and adheisive of some sort are basially the must haves.

I have a ton of places here, hobby lobby, joanne's, michaels, walmart, target, archivers, and a ton of local scrapbook stores. So for me options are always avalible. Best of luck and if you ever have any questions at all, please let us know. We would love to help out.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 8th, 2009, 07:14 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome...I get most of mine from Hobby Lobby! But You can find them all over...

Glad to have you!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

September 9th, 2009, 06:46 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Hello and !!

JoAnn's is a great place to paper when they have their paper stacks for half price(I'm a paper stack addict lol)Michael's you can get coupons for so much off of regular priced item. Michael's also has some great clearence items

September 9th, 2009, 06:53 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moms_soccer_team View Post
Hello and !!

JoAnn's is a great place to paper when they have their paper stacks for half price(I'm a paper stack addict lol)Michael's you can get coupons for so much off of regular priced item. Michael's also has some great clearence items
and you can use either's coupons at either place.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search