OT: DD's bday cake (X-posted)

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD's 3rd b-day is coming up and I am trying to decide what to do for her cake. She is really into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now, so I was thinking of having a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday and making a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake. This is a picture of what I would like to do: Mickey Mouse Club House Cake
I am just a little scared of trying it as I have never worked with fondant. For any of you cake makers out there.....do you have any suggestions for working with fondant? This lady's instructions just make it sound so easy! I am almost getting that "it seems too good to be true" feeling about how easy she makes it sound.
What do you think???

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fondant is so much easier to work with than plain frosting for sure. It is more forgiving than anything else. I've never added color to fondant, so I can't help you there, but really the Fondant is just as easy as it sounds. You can roll it out and cut shapes out of it, you can roll it into shapes. Kind of like playdough. Now in my opinion it doesn't taste as good as an entire cake done in frosting, but the affect and forgiveness of the fondant will save you a lot of time.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 13th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ashtyns_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ashtyns_mom
Wow! I want to see pictures of your creation! That is WAY above my cake decorating experience. I hope it goes well for you.

September 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with Chanda! The fondant doesn't taste very good, but it is relatively easy to work with and looks great! Maybe just use some regular frosting to add after you cover it in fondant it so it tastes good too!

Please check out my blog and click "Follow!" http://wilsonfarmlove.blogspot.com/
September 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that cake is awesome. I love the Mickey Mouse club house. Good Luck I can't help you out.

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

September 13th, 2009, 06:02 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am thinking that I am just going to frost the cake with green frosting (for the grass) and then just use the fondant for the clubhouse part. That way if no one wants to eat the fondant, we can just remove it and cut the cake. There were sure a lot of MMCH cakes when I was searching on the internet....and most of the people cheated on making the actual clubhouse. Ex: using an upside down bowl covered with fondant for the house part of the club house, crumpled up tin foil covered with fondant for the shoe, styrofoam balls covered with fondant for the head on the clubhouse, etc. So I am planning on doing quite a bit of cheating!! LOL!! I will definitely post pics when it is done..........it will be a while though because her party isn't until October 3rd.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 17th, 2009, 05:26 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I have never used fondent before but I'm very sure you will do a great job

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search