Crop feedback

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I was hoping to get some feedback on our crops. I have noticed the numbers are down for participants and I was wondering if we want to do a few changes. For example are 6 challenges too much? Or if they aren't would you like a heads up on any special items that may be needed for a certain challenge so you know you will have it?

Please feel free to give any of your ideas ladies. I would love to see the board hopping again!
January 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohh I like the idea of giving a heads up on special things that might be needed.

A 5x7 black and white photo for example.

I know this month was bad for me, it was the last 2 days I had my step kids and we took them back home on Sunday. 12 hours in the car! Although I did suggest a way for me to scrap in the car!

January 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A heads up on supplies would be good.

Also, who is next in line for the guest host?? I have lost track of who has went, but think my turn is coming up here sometime soon. (Or are we still doing the guest host - I missed so much in November and December.)

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 12th, 2010, 01:08 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think 6 is great, cause inevitably one I'm not into.

I did some of the crop this weekend, but was very sick, otherwise I really look forward to them.

One thing on the heads up I'd hate to see some of the more creative challgenges diappear becuase a host forgot to give warning... maybe an alternative challenge for those (like an extra layout challenge)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; January 12th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
January 12th, 2010, 01:16 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Next up for guest host is BeckyM!
January 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm next. Good thing I checked this thread.

As far as suggestions, I don't really have much I can think of right off hand. I've just been so unmotivated lately, but have been printing all the challenges so I can get caught up on them. Hopefully I'll have some time soon AND get the motivation to scrap.

I love having lots of challenges to choose from, so 6 is not the problem. A heads up is a wonderful suggestion too.

Only suggestion I can think of is perhaps a week challenge instead of weekend to get them done in. On the TTC OM board over the summer we did a week Make it Yourself Challenge that ran from Wednesday to Tuesday as some of the ladies weren't available during the weekend and that worked out really good. Just a thought to consider.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Only suggestion I can think of is perhaps a week challenge instead of weekend to get them done in.
I had thought about posting this too.....but forgot (gotta love pregnancy brain)! I am so glad that you posted it!! It would also be a way for people to get what supplies they needed for crops without having to post a heads up. I think I would get more of the crop challenges done if I knew I had more time to do them - 1 a day is a good pace for me! LOL!!

January 12th, 2010, 04:17 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just find that I don't have the time or motivation right now. I am so tired and the thought of getting out my supplies right now is just not appealing. I have so many pictures to scrap, I don't even know where to begin. I like the 6 challenges. I thought I would miss eight, but I have enough trouble getting the 6 done. I think advance notice for things I don't keep on hand would be great. Just a heads up as to what we would need (buttons, B&W photo, etc.). I love the crops, now if only I could get into it!!

January 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Thank you ladies for all the suggestions. A week long crop actually sounds good to me. Let me get back to you on that one.
January 12th, 2010, 06:15 PM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the 6 challenges...8 was a little much for me.

Doing the challenges during the week is a great idea. I have more time during the week then on the weekends.

I am just getting my motivations back from the last few months!!!

I love the crops and in the last two years have done so much scraping b/c of the crops!!!! You are all such a wonderful group of ladies to scrap with! Thanks!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

January 12th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved the crop. I did my page but haven't posted my picture yet (I never knew how busy babies keep you). I like the idea of having a full week simply to have time to post pictures. We had a party on Saturday (that we shopped for on Friday) and the family thing on Sunday. I only had Sunday night to do my page and haven't had time to take and post a pic.

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

January 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the week long crop is a good idea, simply because I don't have the time on the weekends to get the pages done photograped and up here on the site if it's on a three day period.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
January 13th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I think 6 is a great # of challenges. When I remember the crop is going on, it seems to be the only 6 I get done sometimes

I really like the idea of a week long crop too.
January 13th, 2010, 12:49 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also like the idea of a week long crop. Something like the Wed-Tues that way it includes the whole weekend. It is easier to lock myself at my scrap desk during the week while DH is at work. Plus part of my current problem is that my desk is in a back corner of the house that is always cold in the winter!! The last thing I wanna do is be shivering while trying to glue.

January 13th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i've been bad for participation, i'm sorry, i haven't felt like scrapbooking in so yet i still love looking at pages and of course buying things but other then the last scrapbuilders i haven't scrapped since September and likely won't until around april or something now with the baby coming next week. i also like the 6 because like Carrie says there is often 1 or 2 that i don't like. I like Becky's idea of a week challenge too, weekends are often family trips and things like that.

I also love the crops because it's often the only time i get to scrap, DH knows it's my scrap weekend and helps more

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

January 15th, 2010, 06:04 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I think 6 is a good number and having it a week long works great for me.

The weekend is when I do all shopping and running around, during the week with only 3 kids home during the day is more relaxing lol

January 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
I was so looking forward to the crop..... but my family got into a car accident that turned our weekend upside down.... all the challenges sounded great and I can't wait for Feb. crop. I think advanced notice would be great!

Thank you brui77 for my signature!!!

January 16th, 2010, 06:13 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by evegrace View Post
I was so looking forward to the crop..... but my family got into a car accident that turned our weekend upside down.... all the challenges sounded great and I can't wait for Feb. crop. I think advanced notice would be great!
I hope everyone is o.k.
January 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Super Mommy
We are..... the car was totalled unfortunately so we had to car shop which I hate doing last weekend

Thank you brui77 for my signature!!!

January 18th, 2010, 03:44 PM
So glad that everyone is okay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search