Hello, I was wondering if I can join you all?!?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
My name is Darci and I am 26, I'm a SAHM. I am married to my high school sweet heart, Tim, who is 28, and he is an Electical Engineer. Our daughter is Delilah Madison, and she turned 17 months 3 days ago

I love scrapbooking, and I recently picked up the hobby since the birth of my daughter in Sept 2008. I lurk here all the time to get ideas.

I do all of my scrapbooking by hand as I do not have any tools. I cut everything with scissors, I cut all my letters by hand....I need to get some tools, but they are so expensive...I usually am allowed $40 a month on scrapbooking stuff (for obvious reasons), but as soon as I get it, I spend it....I can't hold on to it to save for anything big.

Anyways, I am going to post my pages I have so far in the gallery. After looking at my gallery, if you guys could PLEASE give me some criticism, some things I need to purchase, ideas of things I need to do...Thank you all soooo much!!

Nice to meet you all

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
February 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Welcome Darci!!! It is nice to have you here.

I'm Jen mom to Sydney (6) and Logan (3). I am also a SAHM. I totally understand about having a scrappy budget. I get $50 mth and it is really hard to save it up when they have so many new things coming out. Tools can be so expensive but I find if you use coupons for the stores they can be reasonable.

A trimmer is a must for me. I ended up getting one when in the states back in Nov and I think I paid $12 because it was on sale.

I am off to check out the gallery.
February 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Oh I did just buy a trimmer yesterday for $13 at Michaels!!!

February 15th, 2010, 02:56 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Awesome!!! My biggest tip is just keep an eye on the sales. Sometimes you can get awesome ones and not have to spend a lot of money.
February 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!! My name is Kelsey, DH is Jason, and DD is Kendra (3). I am also a SAHM. I don't have a monthly amount that I can spend on scrapbooking, but that is okay as my closest scrapbooking store is over an hour away. One idea for getting scrapbooking supplies is to add them to your Christmas wish list. I also put on my list "a gift certificate to -fill in your favorite scrapbooking store-" That is how I got a lot of my scrapbooking supplies anyway.

I will definitely go check out your gallery....can't wait to see your pages!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just checked out your gallery. Awesome pages!!

I also thought of some tools that I like to use: a corner rounder and something to cut circles and ovals (I have the ones from Creative Memories, but i know that you can find others at stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Hi!! I'm Robyn, also a SAHM, & I have 2 boys who are almost 8 & 6. I too don't get a scrappy fund, since we live in the middle of nowhere & the closest stores are an hour away (and the good ones - Micheals, etc - are over 2 hours away). I agree with asking for bigger items for birthdays/Christmas! I got a Sizzix from Micheals's for $70 (including a set of letters) for my birthday one year, I used the 50% off coupon. I know you can't use the coupons there on Provocraft product (Cricut & all it includes), but a sizzix is decent too!! I do covet the Cricut still, & am hoping to get one, one of these days!! Off to look at your gallery!

Oh. Some of my favorite tools include my corner rounder, my trimmer, glue pens (I get mine from Wal-Mart, they are like $3) & my new border punch from SU! (Stampin' Up!). SU! has some GREAT finds too. I belong to a splurge, we meet once a month to scrap, it's $30 ($20 goes into the pot, $10 is for supplies to make 2 cards & 1 12x12 page). One person "wins" each month & gets the pot - the $200 - to spend on SU! product (stamps, ink, paper, punches, etc etc). If you can, look into something like that, it's a great way to start a scrappy stash!! When we go to the city, I also hit up Dollarama (great dollar store up here) to find all kinds of treasures for scrapbooking (stickers, rubons, paper, etc).

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

February 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome!! I am Amanda, working mom to Xavier (3) and Trevor 8 months). I don't have much time to scrap, but I sure do have a lot of stuff to do it with, lol. I love my paper trimmer and got some really good deals at Michael's for my supplies. I do love my Cricut though!!

February 16th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hi Darci and welcome! Iím Carrie, mom to Caden (3) and Parker (1mo - so havenít had much time to scrap these days!). Some of the things I use the most are larger tools like my cricut but the other girls have given some great suggestions. I have a ton of little things I love, too, but I guess my supplies double as my collection and took a while to build up. I usually do as jen suggested and keep an eye on sales - Iíll try to stock up on cardstock and paper when its 4 or 5 for $1, etc. Iíve also ran into a bit of an internet addiction but have found a lot of good deals that way

Look forward to seeing you around the board more!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 16th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Hi Darci, i think your pages look great and would have never guessed you didn't use tools. you have a very good eye for placing embellishments and choosing paper, great work

I'm Tamara(28) and also a SAHM. I have been married to my dh Richard for almost 8 years and we have 3 beautiful little boys, Ryland is 5, Tristan is 2 and Holden is almost 1 month old. I have been scrapbooking for about 8 years now and i am still learning so much. and yes a corner rounder is an awesome thing but you have to get the right one i've tried a few and the only one that does a true rounded corner and doesn't leave a little lip you have to trim is the creative memories one, i think it was 20 dollars but so worth it

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

February 16th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks so much girls. I sold some baby stuff on craigslist today just so I would have money to go buy some things. I got some more ribbon, brads, paper, flowers...all kinds of stuff. I still have some more money so I plan on going out tomorrow again.

I do have to say I LOVE Joanns a lot more than Michaels...today was the first day I went to Joanns!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search