Need some inspiration?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I am going to request that this be a sticky. Periodically I will add more things to the list. Whenever you need a little bit of a boost come check here to see what is listed to help you get started with a layout. Feel free to add to the list but please only list ideas in this thread. HAVE FUN!

1. Create a monochromatic layout – completely monochromatic, even your title and journaling – the only other colors to appear should be in your photo
2. Create a black and white layout with one punch of colour
3. Scraplift a magazine ad
4. Find an item in your home that inspires you for your layout - could be the colour of it, could be the item itself that you do the layout on, could be the shape
5. Doodle on your layout
6. Find an early school photo of you and scrapbook it
7. Do a “favorites” layout. Include atleast these five on it (a) favorite color (b) favorite food (c) favorite book (d) favorite TV show or movie (e) favorite song
8. Create a “day in my life” layout about your typical day – include times of your routine and in the journaling tell what your favorite part of that day was
9. Create a layout using an 8 x 10 photo
10. Find a favorite photo of someone. Print one copy in color and one in black and white. Tear (no cutting I want to see those rough edges) the person out of the color photo and adhere it in place on the black and white photo using pop dots to make it “stand up” a bit.
11. Use a song title as your title or as part of your journaling on a layout
12. On your birthday – create a “One Year Ago Today” layout, think back to what you were doing and journal about it. How is this year different? New hair cut? Gained or lost weight? Changed jobs? Moved? etc
13. What’s your favorite nursery rhyme? Use it as inspiration for a layout
14. Use paint on your layout
15. Make four “Just to say Hi” cards and send them out to someone who makes you smile
16. Create a frame around your photo using buttons
17. Make a flower with ribbon
18. Create a layout that is round (so don't have a 12x12 page instead use a circle as your base)
19. Use only cardstock (no patterned paper)
20. Use only pastel colours on your layout
21. Take a self portrait and then scrapbook it
22. Do you have leftover letters but not enough to create your title? Well use a mix of your alphas to create your title.
23. Create a layout about your child's favourites. Ask them a few select questions and write down their answers. Include the questions and answers in your layout
24. Take a picture of your favourite outfit and then scrapbook it
25. Scraplift one of your layouts
26. Use a felt embellishment or cut a shape out of felt
27. Use the colours brown and pink in your layout
28. Use a large circle as your background paper
29. Double mat your photos
30. Use a magazine ad for your inspiration
31. Make a flower using ribbon
32. What's your favorite photo that you have already scrapbooked? Scrapbook it again, this time let your journalling focus on WHY it is your favorite photo.
33. Make a 4 seasons layout with a photo from each season – best done with the same subject, same place etc to really show the differences
34. Things we do – think of the things you and your loved ones do together – a movie you watch over and over, a game you play, a song you sing etc – scrapbook about it
35. What are you afraid of? Complete a layout about it.
36. Use a poem. Go to a book of poetry for a poem that illustrates the mood you'd like on your page
37. Share lines from a child's favorite book. Perhaps take a pic of you reading that book to your child
38. Select a piece of music. Choose a piece that has meaning to you. Photocopy the music and use it as a background for your photos

Last edited by sydandlogan'smommy; April 7th, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
June 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; September 14th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.
August 10th, 2011, 03:06 AM
This is nice, I sometimes can't help running out of fresh ides for my scrapbook and get stuck for a while. Good to have a list of ways to keep the creative juice flowin'!
August 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here are some links for titles. I always need some inspiration for titles!!

The Perfect Title: Title Me This, Title Me That! Scrapbook and card making title, quotes, and more..
The Quote Garden - Quotes, Sayings, Quotations, Verses

Scrapbook Title Ideas

Directory of Scrapbook Titles and Sayings

I Dream of Scrapping

Tips for Titles

Best Scrapbooking Titles

August 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another link for titles:

ScrapSayings.com, Sayings Directory

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search