February Crop Chat!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Since we’re moving to week long crops I thought it would be nice to have a thread to check in with everyone regarding the crop and whatever everyone else is up to as well!! Feel free to post any questions, get feedback, etc. as well

So…
How is everyone doing on the challenges?
What else is everyone up to this weekend/week?
Are you watching any of the Olympic coverage??

…………….

I actually managed to sneak downstairs long enough to get one challenge done and another half way there - Hoping to find time later tonight to get some more done or at least finish that page but we might have to take Caden over to my mom’s - I have my 6wk PP and she is watching him but now we’re expecting a big snowstorm (my OB is right down the street, she is out in the country a bit) so she suggested bringing him over for the night so we’ll see. Normally I’d just bring him with me (bringing Parker) but not sure having him running around the little exam room while my girly bits are inspected sounds like a fantastic way to start my week. So, we’ll see. I don’t want to cancel the appt and if Parker isn’t doing better I think I’m going to take him in, too.

Anyway - it felt great to get a few pages done and now I just want to scrap scrap scrap! Too bad DH is out and about this morning taking care of some things so it will have to wait.

The boys are both still sick so we decided to keep Caden home from his first day of soccer yesterday - I was sad he had to miss but it drives me nuts when people bring their sick kids around others (hence we’re in this situation in the first place) so I wasn’t about to do it. Caden is still a little snotty and coughing here and there but doing much, much better. Parker is still snotty, too, but so far he is okay - breathing fine, eating well, etc. I really hate that they are both sick and worry about them - esp Parker being so little

We have been watching the Olympic coverage and I was watching last night as I scrapped - Caden loves the skiing - down hill, jumping, all of it! Its so funny, hehe. What is everyone’s favorite event?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 21st, 2010, 09:27 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Hi Carrie!

Sadly I have not had time to do any of the challenges. We are working away at the house with renos. DH installed 3 doors yesterday so now I have the fun challenge of painting them all. I have 1 coat on 2 of them so 2 more to go (he installed our door earlier this week)

So I am taking a break and about to go make my lunch. Then I will be back at the painting. I am hoping to do some challenges in the evenings this week.

That stinks that the boys are still sick Carrie. I sure hope you see the end of this soon.

As for they olympics we have been watching in the evenings. I don't think I really have a favourite. I like watching all of the sports.
February 21st, 2010, 09:57 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have started all the challenges. I am stumped with titles though, so that's really all I have left to do. Titles are often my issue!!

Doing a little laundry and that's it. Trying to catch up on some magazines, too. Hubby is off this weekend, so I'm able to relax.

We don't watch the Winter Olympics, so I haven't seen anything.

Oh, and Carrie, I feel your pain with sick kids. My oldest has been sick since December and so has the baby. I hate winter!

Last edited by mandalyn; February 21st, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
February 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting some of te challenges today, but will wait to finish them until the cricut comes in and I can use new fancy titles

I don't watch the olympics

Today I'm at home with Katie while Daddy takes carrie our for some one on one time Yesterday Carrie and I went to a birthday party... I've got 4 doc appts next week (mostly for Carrie) so we're going to be super busy

I'm making 3 project 12 albums and I finished January's pages pages last night

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; February 21st, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
February 21st, 2010, 10:48 PM
I got 7 pages almost done today (2 double page layouts and 3 indiv pages) A few of the challenges, but I'm waiting on my cricut so I can do the titles, but it feels like a very productive day

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Last edited by C&K'sMama; February 21st, 2010 at 10:50 PM.
February 22nd, 2010, 04:33 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping to get to the challenges this week. I have lots of scrap pages running thru my mind, but don't seem to have the time or energy to get them done in. I'm so far behind. Also, I did not have a great weekend, just wasn't feeling that great and we were very busy. I did watch some of the Olympics here & there, but don't really have a favorite must watch sport. Even with work this week, I'm hoping work is less stressful for me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 22nd, 2010, 07:20 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
We've been so busy this weekend, that I haven't done any pages/challenges yet!! Plus, the boys had a week off school & have been driving me absolutely crazy. They are both in school today, so I plan on getting some pages done!

And yep, we watch all the Olympics. Little bit sad about the hockey game last night, but oh well. I like watching the Moguls, figure skating (some of it), & some of the speed skating (mostly short track, not long).

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

February 22nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Jen - I hate painting doors so I trim them (a little more handy than DH) and make DH paint them! Are you going to share pics when all is said and done? I love projects around the house - I always forgot to take before pics for a lot of our projects. We have a few more doors to replace around here - eventually! Hope the rest of your weekend was productive

Amanda - this season seems to have been ridiculous as far as colds and such - sooo ready for it to be over! It seems like I’ve been fighting off germs for months but this time it finally caught us. I can’t wait for it to be over and from now on I’m putting my foot down on this crap and people bringing germs around - I don’t care if people think I’m a germ freak. I hate being sick and hate it even more when my kids are sick - esp my newborn! Hope you guys are feeling better asap as well ::
Alycia - wtg with all the pages and projects! I’m jealous of all you’ve got done. Good luck at all your appts this week and I hope all is well! When does your cricut come? Has it shipped?

Becky - sorry you’ve been so busy and work has been stressful - I hope things calm down for you soon. I was completely wiped those last few months and I wasn’t working full time so I can only imagine! Remember to make some time for yourself and take it easy ::

Robyn - Can’t wait to see what you come up with!! I thought of you when we saw the end of the game last night hehe. Enjoy your back to school days - I’m a little jealous!

………

Parker and I had our appts today - Parker is coughing a little so I was happy to take him in even though I knew there is little to be done. His lungs are completely clear thankfully and he looks and sounds great other than the congestion so we’ll just keep on doing what we’ve been doing! If he gets a fever or worse we’ll take him back, or if either boy isn’t better by next week we’ll go back in.
My appt went well, too! Cleared to start working out so I really want to work on getting back in shape and losing the lbs I gained with Caden and still have lol.

We’re having dinner at my mom’s and Steve has a dentist appt at 7 so after that hopefully I’ll get some time to scrap after that or if I get a nap time. Parker has been passed out on me since we got home so who knows if he’ll actually nap again later.

February 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
unfortunately i didn't get to scrap together, but i did get the bed out and my table and most of my stuff set up again so hopefully i can get a page started today. And yes we have been watching the Olympics as well, Ryland loves any of the sledding stuff and we've been watching the speed skating and hockey, and the curling

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

February 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
I've been super busy tryin to get the some scrapping done between baby and Carrie needing me.

I've posted my pages for challenges 2 and 5 and the bonus...

I've done challenges 1, 3 and 4, just waiting on my cricut to do the titles.

I haven't started 6 but I'm kinda stuck for ideas, hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?

February 23rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Well I haven't started yet on the challenges. Can't seem to get my butt in gear. Watching the olympics as I wanted to see quite a few Canadians do their thing.

Carrie - of course I will show pictures. We are getting there...slowly but surely. LOL
February 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
I got the first 2 challenges done, YAY!! It's the most scrapping I've done in a while & it felt great! Then I got sidetracked, I had orders for 7 hats today! So I started in some of those. I'm hoping to get more pages done tomorrow though!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

February 23rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
No scrapping here - I ended up taking Parker to the ER last night and didn’t get home until 3am so I’ve been pretty much worthless today and- never mind the little man needing me. He is okay - he was just retracting when he was breathing and there was no way I was sleeping anyway after that so I decided to take him in. They tested him for RSV and it was negative thankfully and his lungs were still clear so it is just a nasty cold. Today/tonight his little cry was just so hoarse and you could tell it was hurting him. I so wish there was more I could do because I know he just doesn’t understand. I’m praying tomorrow is easier for him because I don’t like seeing my sweet baby like that.

Anyway - hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can get a page or so done after dinner when DH is home. I started the double page sketch (challenge 1 I think) the other night but the paper choices and colors just aren’t working for me so I’ll have to re-evaluate!

February 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Well ladies, tomorrow is the last day of the crop!! (of course you can continue to work on the challenges afterward though) - Anyone finish anymore Challenges?

Alycia - has your cricut arrived yet?

February 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I haven't been able to do any challenges. I haven't felt 100% and actually think I might be coming down with something. I am hoping not so we will see.

How did everyone else do?
February 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls! I have been MIA this week. We are calving out cows and it has been a horrid calving season!!! I have been running on 3-6 hours of sleep a night since Saturday. I am so exhausted during the day (lack of sleep plus being pregnant plus taking care of a 3 year old) that I haven't gotten any scrapbooking done. I have ideas for layouts and hope that I can get them done in the next couple of weeks since I really don't think I will get them done tomorrow. Everyone's pages look great by the way!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 25th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I've done all but one, but I'm still waiting on my cricut to add the titles. I'll be posting them late, but they are done

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search