Cricut sale (for anyone interested)

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom sent me a link to this yesterday. Thought I would share for anyone that is interested.

Specials CricutMachine.com

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 21st, 2010, 08:45 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
I would like to know what all a Cricut does?? I mean I know it cuts fonts and stuff, but that's all I know....and the cartridges are different fonts right?

What's the hype all about? and what all do you need to buy for it?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
February 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
With a Cricut you can cut out different fonts in different sizes as well as die cuts and paper piecings (also in different sizes). They also have a Cricut that can cut cake fondant now. There are font cartridges and shape cartridges - each one is different. Basically, the cricut can do a lot of stuff and makes a page easier to do. Basic things needed would be a Cricut machine, cartridges, a Cricut cutting mat, and a Cricut spatula (I think that is what it is called anyway).

I am still new to the Cricut world as I just got mine for Christmas, but it is amazing what all that little machine can do! I have yet to sit down and put the things I cut out on some of my layouts, but I can tell that I am going to love this thing for titles! I am also going to love the little paper dolls and delicate cutouts! Hope that helps a little. I am sure that some of the other girls here can give you a much better answer than this.

February 21st, 2010, 09:46 PM
Do you know if there is any software available that works with the cricut that you can make whatever you want to print out without having to buy the cartridges?

I think I almost have my DH on board!! LOL....

February 21st, 2010, 10:45 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cricut doesn't work through your computer, so you can't use software for it. (as I understand it, I'm still waiting for mine to come in)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
February 22nd, 2010, 04:28 AM
Hmmm I found software for it on their website? Some Cricut Design Studio thing.....

Well I am just confused then!

February 22nd, 2010, 04:32 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can use the studio on your computer, but you can't print anything without the cartridges. There's also the Gypsy that you can load all your cartridges to, but again, you have to have cartridges. I really only use the font cartridges, but I know there are tons of ladies who used the shapes. I have three shapes and it's just too much effort for me.

February 22nd, 2010, 04:50 AM
I just see it as getting really expensive then!! I mean the cartridges are quite a bit of money to buy often. One only has one specific font on it correct? So that means you would want more than one cartridge so all your pages aren't in the same font?
Sorry for the questions, I just want to make sure before I pass at it or buy it!!

February 22nd, 2010, 05:28 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It can get a little pricey, but it is well worth the investment. I have probably 20 cartridges and I am content. There are lots of options for the fonts. If you are looking more for fonts, Lyrical Letters is good and I think maybe Ashlyn's Alphabet, too. The cartridges really are versitile and you can do a lot with them, I'm just too lazy. I got my machine on sale and don't pay more then about $25 for each of my cartridges. I get mine at ohmycrafts and they have great deals. If you sign up for thier emails, they will send you coupons for up to 20% off. Tip, if the offer is a percentage off or free shipping, choose the percentage off. I did the free shipping once and it took forever to get them. I would love, love to get the bigger machine, but I just can't justify that expense.

February 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
I have heard that lyrical letters is a good cartridge if you want different fonts - there are 6 features that let you change the look of the font on that cartridge (giving you 6 different fonts). You can also get cartridges on Ebay for about $25.00 (with free shipping). I have bought 2 that way.

February 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Joann has the baby bug (original) on sale this week for $85! Not bad for anyone thinking of buying one

I have the expression and I love, love, love my cricut. I have over 30 cartridges and while it is expensive - if you keep an eye out for sales and buy over time its not as bad as I thought it would be. It is addicting though!

3 new cartridges were released for pre-order recently, too. The last few cartridges that were released I was able to say no to but I don't think that will be the case this time - new carts are

Preserves

Give it a Hoot!

Just because

I'm really liking the just because cart and Parker's "theme" is woodland animals and such (have lots of that for his first year book, his nursery is done in that theme) so the give it a hoot is tempting, too. They are all cute though!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Well my DH ordered the cricut create for me today through the link and he also called the company, they said if he signed up through their facebook site he could also get a coupon for 10% off. He ended up getting the Create with shipping for $82.

Also my husband is a very "techy" guy, he is an electrical engineer and also does computer engineering...so he actually looked around on the internet today and did find a software that works with the cricut (all 3?), and you can draw ANYTHING you want...you can download just regular fonts off the internet and make the cricut cut ANY font you can find ANYWHERE on the internet. This makes the cricut have ENDLESS possibilities....so if anyone is interested, here is the software that he bought as well.

Make the Cut! - Offical Website - Cricut Compatible Software Program

February 22nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I ended up ordering MTC as mentioned in this thread for my sister's gift (as mentioned in my thread). I hope she likes it. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
February 22nd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Congrats on your cricut and you'll have to let us know your opinion on MTC!

There is another program called "sure cuts a lot" that is similar - I've heard good things about both but never checked them out too much. They will void your cricut's warranty (supposedly, I don't know how PC could tell that it was used and never heard of an actual issue with this) and PC is trying to find ways to update the firmware so that those programs will no longer work, but they have yet to be successful and if you buy the program with the intention to only use that and not other cricut accessories, I don't think it would matter anyway.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 22nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah to be honest, there is no way they could tell...the cricut doesn't have memory to remember it was hooked to a computer to use the software..only the computer does...

I will have to check out the other software you mentioned as well...thanks a lot.

I will let you all know what I think...it might be a month or so as we are going to be moving within 6 weeks so I don't know that I will get into it too much right away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search