Scrapping and our little ones

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
What are your kids up to while you scrap and/or how do you keep them occupied so you can?

Any tips to share on finding time to scrap?

Do you ever do any scrapping with your little ones or will you one day?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 24th, 2010, 04:38 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boys are home while I scrap. Xavier is old enough to entertain himself with games, toys or movies. Trevor is also at the point where he crawls around and plays. Sometimes I put him in the exersaucer right next to me. This weekend was easier because DH was home. I did most of my scrapping during naptime.

I rarely find time to scrap. It seems other things get pushed aside so I can.

Sometimes Xavier will sit with me at the table and touch things. If he shows some interest, I may let him. Something tells me he won't though.

February 24th, 2010, 07:27 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
My kids are in school now That makes it SO much easier!! My youngest still goes every 2nd day (kindergarten), so I don't do much when he's home, unless I'm super inspired. Before they started school, I'd scrap at night, & stay up until 2am or later (as you did last night, Carrie, hehe!). Or if DH took them to hockey or somewhere, I'd do it then. Sometimes, I'd give them my stamps & ink & let them go to town & they loved that, because they were "helping", but now they have kind of outgrown that.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

February 24th, 2010, 09:27 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I scrap after carrie goes to bed its the only time I can.

I think it'll be fun to scrap with the girls some day. I'm going to have Carrie make a "family book" for herself soon. (Take pictures of each member of our family and put them on pretty paper and decorate) her own little album

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
February 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I usually only scrap when they are down for their naps or at
night after they go to bed. They are both so interested in what I do they are usually practically underneath my nose. I like my space. LOL

I can't wait to start scrapping with them when they get older. I know Syd will still be interested...not too sure about Logan.
February 25th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Right now I'm scrapping when DH is home in the evenings/after the kids go to bed. With Parker being so young nap times aren't always a given! My space is set up in the basement with a family area and toys so pre-parker I could go down there and scrap while Caden played. However, in recent months things have become unorganized and its too cold downstairs for Parker anyway so we need to reorganize, set up Caden's train table and some other toys we moved down there, etc. By the time we get around to that I'm sure Parker will be bigger and it will be warmer so he'll be able to hang out down there, too! Not sure why but using our exersaucer never occurred to me - we have an extra one that would be perfect to use downstairs.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search