Weekend recap

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 12:03 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
How was everyone's weekend? Anything interesting happen?

On Friday night I took Sydney to see Disney on ice Princess classics. Saturday morning we all went skating on an outdoor rink at the Downtown market. I haven't been skating for 15+ years. It was Logan's first time and Syd is still really new at it. Travis is the only good skater of the 4 of us. I was impressed with myself...I didn't fall and I held Logan up.

Today we are heading over to some friends shortly for homemade pizza and hopefully we will watch the Gold Medal Men's hockey game. GO CANADA GO!!!
February 28th, 2010, 01:54 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did very little, but I started a couple neat techniques to organize my scrappin things.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
February 28th, 2010, 03:18 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I spent most of the weekend scrapping. I got 14 pages done, though none of the pages have titles on them. I'll get to them eventually. My house looks like a tornado blew through and there are two loads of laundry waiting to be folded, but I am trying to get caught up on scrapping!

February 28th, 2010, 06:29 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Alycia - please share the techniques! I need some organizational help!

Amanda - look at you go!!!
February 28th, 2010, 07:53 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
We were busy all weekend, of course. Friday, we took the boys to the outdoor rink for a couple hours, then went to a friends for supper. Saturday my oldest had a hockey tournament, so we were at the rink all day. Afterwards, we went to my inlaws for supper. Today I did laundry, then a couple friends came over to watch the hockey game (WOOOO!!!), & I made a giant lasagna for supper.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

February 28th, 2010, 10:32 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydandlogan'smommy View Post
Alycia - please share the techniques! I need some organizational help!

Amanda - look at you go!!!

Maybe we could sticky (I know your just spring cleaned), but I'd love more organizing tips.

The two biggest things I've been trying to get done are two binders...

The first binder is a binder of examples.

The first page is "edges and corners" I've used my edge and corner punches on uniform squares of paper so I can see each punch clearly and titled each example. Since they're all in one place I can look through them so I don't (as many of us do) get stuck on my favorite punch and forget the others... I've done this with "Edges and Corners" and "scissor edges" and "shapes and other punches"

Also I have Creative memories circle cutters. There are 3 size blades and 3 size cirsles (6 if you use inside and out) so I cut all possibilities with the red blade on red paper, green blade on green paper, and the blue on blue. I lables each circle on the back as to which circle I used ex: smallest inside, smallest outside. This way I can play with the circles to see which leaves the amount of boarder I want without the guess work.

Next step in this binder is use one stamp on each of my ink pads (differnt pages for reds/pinks, blues/ purples... etc.) Since inks don't always look the way they're labled I have an example of the true result, making it easier to match my layout.

then you make pages for each of your stamp catagories (butterflies, letters, etc)

Basically it's a binder of your stock (all your nonparishables) so that you don't ahve to get everything out to figure out what you want to use (even helps remindyou f things you have that you use less frequently)

The second binder is a sticker book...

in page protectos I put 2 or 3 sheets of stickers... (I currently have all mine in one drawer and have to rifle through them looking for ones that I remember I have). They're seperated by dividers into catagories like "flowers", "letters", "girlie", "bling", etc... Its much easier to find the stickers to match my pages that way without forgetting what's in my stock.

Then the simpler things like sorting buttons according to color in clear containers, and that kind of thing...

Hopefully when I'm done it'll involve a lot less dragging everything out to scrap. Less mess =more done.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Saturday was busy - Soccer in the morning for Caden, then we took him to get his haircut, came home for lunch and then left again to go to a birthday party, came home for another hour afterwards to nurse parker, get caden dinner and a bath, and get the boys in the jammies and then my MIL and SIL came over to watch the kids for a few so DH and I could enjoy some time just us! We visited with them for about an hour and then headed out to dinner and took care of a few errands - it was really nice!

Sunday we just relaxed around the house and took care of some inprogress projects - I have a few more I hope to finish today!

It was a really great weekend

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search