March Crop Chat (+ Prize & game info!)

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Hi ladies!! The crop has begun and Kelsey already posted her challenges so I hope everyone is starting to feel inspired this morning 2 more challenges will be posted tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday so don’t forget to check back!

Also, there will be a prize for this months crop!! Nothing huge, just a couple things I’ve picked up but everyone loves new goodies The winner will be chosen at random by drawing a name at the end of the crop. To be eligible for the drawing you must complete all 8 (numbered) challenges by the end of the crop. There will also be a 2nd way to be eligible for the prize this month - or to earn an extra entry or two and increase your chances of winning and that’s through the games we’ll be playing!

We’ll be playing 2 games for March’s crop - the first will be Spring Bingo and Jen will be posting the word list and instructions a little later today. A 2nd game will be posted on Monday. Again, game winners will earn an extra entry for the prize but in order to be eligible for the entry you have to complete at least one challenge in addition to winning the game. So essentially someone could have up to 3 chances to win this month.

Anyway… Who’s all here and what is everyone up to today? Any plans for the weekend?

Can’t wait to see some new pages!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
March 12th, 2010, 08:29 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heck yea I have plans this weekend... scrapbooking!! LOL

Also my house looks like a tornado hit it. We've only been home lately to eat and sleep. So I'm gonig to get some cleaning done too

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 12th, 2010, 08:39 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like fun!!! I am so excited to see the rest of the challenges for this week!! Since I finally got storage for my paper and my paper sorted and put away I am definitely in the mood to scrap!! Going to try some stitching on one of my layouts this time I think. I am debating weather to do it with my sewing machine or to do it by hand. Any suggestions? I have never stitched on a page before. Hoping to get the first 2 challenges done today as I have to help move cows tomorrow and DH wants to take off for the day on Sunday. Hopefully I will get a little scrapping done Saturday and Sunday evening too so I don't get too far behind on this months challenges.

Thanks again to Alycia (jonnies_goodgirl) for making my sketch picture bigger!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Woo!! I am so excited!!! I've already done babyloves first 2 challenges!!! I'm super pumped I even finished a couple of Feb's challenges!! It's been a VERY crafty day for me!! I've made a hat & scrapped. We are super busy this weekend (Anson has a AAA exhibition game tomorrow, then Ryden's hockey windup is swimming 11-1 on Sunday & Anson has AAA practice 5:30 - 7:30 in a town an hour away), so I'm trying to do as much as possible today (everything but clean my house or put away laundry, LOL). I've had SO many hat orders, including some photographer props (I got an order last night for 2 baby cocoons, a ladybug & a monkey, with matching hats), so yeah. My house is SUCH a disaster!!!

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

March 12th, 2010, 11:11 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Everyone sounds like they have busy weekends. I hope to scrap a bit this weekend. We need to paint our upstairs hallway this weekend and I hope to also take off the wallpaper in our spare bedroom.
March 12th, 2010, 02:40 PM
For the most part I really like th changes that have been made to the crops, especially that we have a week to do them, but I have to say I'm not a fan of the way the postings are spaced out. I get once maybe twice a week to scrap (that hubby is willing to help more with the girls so I'm uninterrupted) and I'll be struggling to get to the ones that are posted on Sunday or especially Monday. I know a lot of the ladies on here scrap over the week, but I know there are a couple of us that cluster and do them all at once, and this set up is more difficult for me.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 12th, 2010, 04:53 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've started one of the Friday challenges and hope to the ones for Saturday. I'm not a fan of the challenges being posted on different days either. I work full time and the only time I have to scrap is on the weekends. It's much easier to plan the pages when they are posted closer together. I usually can't plan the pages until all of them are posted. By the time they are posted on Sunday, I won't have time to actually do them. And definetly can't do the Monday ones. I cluster them.

March 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Trying to squeeze in some scrapping here and there (between DD, cows, and cleaning). Have some stitching, embellishments, and a title to put on one and it will be done (or as done as it is going to get until baby comes in June). Working on a mosaic for the other one -- will see if I like it when I get it done. Hoping to get both challenges done before I go to bed....hoping!

March 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Ladies we want to make this fun and easy for you so if you prefer we post them on Friday and saturday I am sure we can go back to that.
March 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Doesn't matter to me either way. Whatever works best for everyone else.

March 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I, personally, like it better on Fri and Sat, but I love the new 8 challenges since it goes all week

I also thikn Jen and Carrie are doing a great job of bringing new and fun ideas to this board. I've gotten so much done lately cause there are so many ideas here now!

Last edited by C&K'sMama; March 12th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.
March 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I too like having the 8 challenges since it is now a week long but I also liked when it was posted on Friday/Saturday.

March 12th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
Hey everyone, I just got off the phone with Carrie. Caden has bowel intussusception (his bowel is telescoping in on itself) & is in surgery right now, fixing that & getting his appendix taken out. He will be in the hospital for a couple days. She did give me her challenges, so I will be posting them for her, while she, her DH, & baby Parker are at the hospital with Caden. Sending get better vibes to Caden & calming thoughts to mom & dad!!!

Check out my FB Group!!

March 13th, 2010, 05:16 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes. Hoping he is feeling better soon. Thinking of you all!

March 13th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Us too! Poor little guy! I'll be hoping it all goes smoothly!

March 13th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope Caden gets feeling better soon!!!!

March 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Carrie just updated FB earlier (her hospital has computers everywhere) & said that the surgery went fine, & Caden will be in the hospital for 4 days. I'm about to head out of town for a hockey game, but if I talk to Carri, I'll update when we get back! I also posted her 2 challenges for today.

Check out my FB Group!!

March 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to Carrie, Caden and the whole family.

Robyn if you need me to take over and post the challenges just let me know.
March 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i'm here, couldn't scrap yesterday, hoping to start one this afternoon but then we have a birthday party at 4. I love that we are going back to 8 challenges but i also prefer they are all posted on the Friday/ Saturday.

lots of thoughts and prayers to Caden, i know he's out of surgery so hoping for a quick recovery

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

March 13th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Waiting....hoping.....that my New Arrival cartridge comes in the mail today so that I can finish Challenge #2. Just need it for the title!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search